Top Boy - Season 2 (British 4 Part Series)

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This others said this was ok and not anywhere close to being mentioned with The Wire. I see the correlation b/c it has young black men selling drugs but that's about where the comparisons stop. It's a cool show to check out but is not praising.

I hear you with the wire comparisons. Someone suggested to put it in the thread title to raise awareness to the thread, but i agree the theme is basically different.

I'ma gonna revert to the original title, so people don't get it twisted.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

Its really not that serious, fukk you ranting about?

Its a TV show, i thought people may take interest to it. If its not for you, cool :camby:

Its not touching the wire at all, no one in here said it is.

f*ck outta here with your uneducated opinions

here's another sensitive uk boy, i love to rile you clowns up... :umad:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
AWARE ME ON THIS SHOW BREHS

WHAT'S IT ABOUT?

DOES MY nikka @hexagram23 RECOMMEND THIS?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I heard this shyt is dope but being completely honest it was from overseas cats who were comparing it to "The Wire". Kinda like "we got a Wire now too". So I dunno if it's good or not man, let me know.

Fred.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I heard this shyt is dope but being completely honest it was from overseas cats who were comparing it to "The Wire". Kinda like "we got a Wire now too". So I dunno if it's good or not man, let me know.

Fred.
The first season was dope. I thought it was much better than The Wire, but I'm not a fan of the Wire. I find it overrated.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ignoring the typical yankee dikkhead boasting about who's more violent in this thread, I think Top Boy could be a lot better. It's decent, but to even compare it to The Wire is naive at best. No way. It's not as intelligent, character building nor intricate enough and I hate how they blatantly ripped off some parts of The Wire in it too. They would have to include everything from local councils to the education system right up to the Mayor of London if they wanted to make it as deep.

I think Kano did a good job because his character makes you pissed off and vex. That dude with the Mohican is meh and that girl just isn't convincing, like she's trying too hard. Ra'Nell and Dushane are the best characters.

It looks like it was filmed around Shoreditch or Bethnal Green if I'm not mistaken.

I look forward to watching it though. But there's a million stories about black folk in the city that can be told.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Thought it was a good little series. Will definitely be watching this second series.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: at donut breeds that can't comprehend the wire part was just to get views to thread. Although the creators of the series have actually said in interviews they heavily borrowed from the wire to make the show. The whote cutty/michael arc was lifted from the wire for top boy. Why the fucc you think I said 'bootleg wire' you idiots :laff:

Kano, in my opinion, is the best MC to ever come out of this country

ehhh...neh bruv

dizzee and d double e>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kano

for different reasons

but d double e is the best mc to ever come from this country. That's not even debateable, sorry

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, i'd rate my man tod2012 to walk down areas like tottenham talmbout "these estates are clean a fucc" :heh:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
going to try to watch but just like fags means ciggs across the pound top boy sounds like some shyt that should be on logo.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:russ: the todd dude wildin.. man

anyway, show is decent, its not the wire, but its not a waste of your time. kano is mad fukking annoying in this, which he is supposed to be, but the acting was not top notch, but they got a bunch of youngers to be in it. the actin will probably be better this season.

:dead: dude brought out the "tea and crumpets" line