Top 100 Marvel Character Popularity Poll

Daps
Reppin
NULL
list might be old, but it shows what we all know: spidey is the man and x-men are the team of marvel....that's why i think marvel ******* up with they comics.....making iron man the center of the comic universe and burying the x-men for the inhumans, smh....i get it, they following the money of the movies, but no....just no....

This. Spidey, X-men (and Daredevil) >>>>>>

Also, honorable mention to the Fantastic Four. Even though they're fantastically :flabbynsick: by today's standards, there's no denying that they did a LOT for comics as a medium.

Introducing the Thing, one of the first monstrous looking characters to be an actual hero despite his apperance :salute:
Introducing the Silver Surfer :salute:
Black Panther :salute:
Establishing the GOAT villains (Doom, Galactus, etc.) :salute:
Laying the groundwork of the Marvel Universe as we know it, pre-dating the Avengers, X-men, and even Spider-man :salute:
Stan Lee and Jack Kirby :salute:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. Having Tony be the center of the film universe works because he's played by Robert Downey Jr. Trying to have his good qualities as an actor transfer to the page of a comic isn't a move that can really work like that. Sure you can write him to sound just like Robert, but obviously it'll never be the exact same. There's a reason he's never really taken off in the books and why spider-man and the x men have. It's easier to relate to a team of outcasts and an everyman loner than a billionaire playboy. Batman would be the exception but that's because unlike Tony, the playboy act is a facade and he's damaged as fukk

It's not only that, but you can also factor in his universe and rogue's gallery which is probably one of the best and most interesting in comics.You can even argue that some of Bats' villains are more intriguing than he is.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm not taking a CBR poll seriously lol. And I say this as someone that has been a member on there for years and is still currently a member.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not taking a CBR poll seriously lol. And I say this as someone that has been a member on there for years and is still currently a member.
Lmao i was thinking the same thing. Been on and off on that board since 2002 or 03 (more so off) but obviously the carol danvers popularity on that board (which anyone who post there knows about) versus 'reality' should already tip you off on this.

It's a neat poll for ppl specific to that forum, but pretty much click bait for everyone else.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
comics really aren't an indicator of popularity as much anymore are they? don't more people watch movies?

iron man is the biggest movie star of all the superheroes right now, hands down. that alone puts him in contention. this generation of kids will see him as a huge icon. he's all in the videos and toys and shyt.

once RDJ is no longer iron man though i fear he may be back on the bench. but only time will tell.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
comics really aren't an indicator of popularity as much anymore are they? don't more people watch movies?

iron man is the biggest movie star of all the superheroes right now, hands down. that alone puts him in contention. this generation of kids will see him as a huge icon. he's all in the videos and toys and shyt.

once RDJ is no longer iron man though i fear he may be back on the bench. but only time will tell.

This is why the poll specifically asked comic book readers on their opinions breh. The two communities aren't always intertwined. Of course more people watch movies than read comics, but that doesn't mean the opinions of those who do read comics matters less.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

actually, comics are more of an indicator of popularity than movies...people dont have to know shyt about the characters to enjoy a movie; where as in comics there is time invested getting to know & follow characters....that's why for as popular the iron man movies are, he still is looked at as a b/c lister, and it's why marvel is trying to force people to care about him in the comics...they need people to care about the character, not the actor playing the character.....

no, iron man is not the biggest movie superhero right now...that still is the bat...

i do agree, the person they get to replace rdj is gonna be very important...right now, people pay attention to the character cause of rdj, once he stops, it's gonna be interesting.....marvel gonna either have to get someone that can carry that weight; or like i said previously, they gonna have to get people to care about the character iron man & not the actor playing him...

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surprised Deadpool isn't higher since Marvel is pushing the fukk out of him constantly. Do the sales justify it?

People still checking for Gambit like that? Rogue too? :dwillhuh:

And Jean Grey? :mindblown: She's always been lame to me. The only time she means something is when she's dead.

Norman Osborn at 91? :wtf:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
CBR hates Apocalypse..so that's about right on that poll over there.

Your top ten is laughable

Human Torch? He's nowhere near that big

Spider Man
Wolverine
Hulk
Magneto
Deadpool
Captain America
Storm

Those kind of characters everyone kind of knows except Deadpool but his success can't be denied

What are u going by though? Opinion?I sell comics for a living. So like I indicated I am going by sales. Human Torch moves units. Marvel is very aware of this, which is why he has been their go cameo character since the company started (decades before Spider-Man and Hulk and Wolverine were even thought up). He's the first superhero to even do a cameo.

You might not think he is that big... but do your research. You can start at Marvel Comics #1
He is on the cover. :comeon:

Marvel_1_CGC9.0.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It ain't hard to figure out. This is a poll conducted by comic readers for comic readers. The lesser known X-characters receiving more votes than someone else you wouldn't have thought its based on people reading x-book comics and not reading some of those solo series as much as they follow all of the x-books.

The list is X-Men dominant because they still have a huge following. The last X-Men movie made just as much money worldwide as Guardians of the Galaxy and the last Spider-Man film. Now, Spidey you can see because a lot of people were pissed at how Sony was handling those projects but Guardians had a huge marketing push with Marvel Studios backing and Disney backing. It was a huge success but it took a lot of money marketing them to get to a point where they could be on the same level as X-Men which is all name value.

The X-Men series has been handled well for the most part but even with the horrible Wolverine film and that Ratner bullshyt with X-Men: The Last Stand it didn't ruin the X-Men name. That's why I don't ever see FOX striking up a deal with Marvel because these movies will always sell.

shyt, if Marvel/Disney and their marketing machine made an X-Men movie we'd be talking about it doing $1.5 billion worldwide. Maybe more.