Top 10 most segregated cities in the U.S.???

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Detroit ranks high for sure. Still weird when I moved away. Had to adjust to the lack of blackness around. Outside of some teachers and a few randoms spread around the neighborhood, I legitimately didn’t have regular interaction with YTs until my 20s. Ironically I also really miss authentic middle eastern food since it was also a very regular thing to be able to get.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
1. Detroit, Michigan
2. Hialeah, Florida
3. Newark, New Jersey
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6. Cleveland, Ohio
7. Miami, Florida
8. Birmingham, Alabama
9. New York City, New York
10. St. Louis, Missouri
Black brown coalition:troll:.

Only one southern city on the list but something something wouldn't wish my worse enemy yada yada

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1. Milwaukee
2. New York City
3. Chicago
4. Memphis
5. Jackson
6. Detroit
7. Cleveland
8. Cincinnati
9. St. Louis
10. Newark
Memphis? Nah.

You are confusing having some bad ass hoods with being segregated. Black people live all over Memphis and Shelby County.

As a matter of fact I am usually surprised to see Southern cities on those type of lists, because as weird as it might seem Black people usually live all over the place in the South. It is the North where you usually the segregated neighborhoods.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain't confusing nothing. That's what's on the list.

White flight created a lot of these situations.
Then the list is bullshyt. My family has been from that area for the last 200 years since slavery days when they came over from North Carolina and Virginia. My people live in the surrounding counties the where White people ran to so the list is bullshyt. You are confusing the hood with a city being truly segregated like a Chicago. A truly segregated city is one where you can't or you are strongly discouraged from moving into a neighborhood because you are Black. A Black person can live anywhere they want in Memphis.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Then the list is bullshyt. My family has been from that area for the last 200 years since slavery days when they came over from North Carolina and Virginia. My people live in the surrounding counties the where White people ran to so the list is bullshyt. You are confusing the hood with a city being truly segregated like a Chicago.

I'm not confusing anything. I didn't make the list.

Ask them how they created it.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not confusing anything. I didn't make the list.

Ask them how they created it.
I don't need to ask them. I just told you the list is bullshyt, because a segregated city is one in which you can not or are strongly encouraged not to move into certain neighborhoods. That is Northern cities. That is not Memphis or Shelby County. You can live anywhere you want in Memphis or Shelby County. Nobody cares.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I don't need to ask them. I just told you the list is bullshyt, because a segregated city is one in which you can not or are strongly encouraged not to move into certain neighborhoods. That is Northern cities. That is not Memphis or Shelby County. You can live anywhere you want in Memphis or Shelby County. Nobody cares.

It's not just talking about restricting black people from living places breh. Sometimes people just move out of a place and another group is all that's left.