TONY KHAN STINKS! ("WBD OWNS A PERCENTAGE OF AEW." - MELTZER *CONFIRMED*; NXT OBLITERATES DYNAMITE; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 595 DAYS/85 WEEKS)

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
yea I will say, a lot of hardcore fans migrated back to WWE once triple h took over because for a lot of them it was never about really wanting an alternative as much as it was about them wanting WWE to be enjoyable again

a lot of AEW's initial goodwill was based on vince fatigue and being better than what he offered but they can't skate off of that anymore so their flaws aren't overlooked as much

Literally everything you just said. Right on the mark.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I mean you can still shyt on them securing the bag

From what I remember the talks began at 500 mil. Maybe they only got 150 mil because the show sucks and nobody watches

It's $185M/year for the two shows but the fact you are saying "only" when it literally makes them a profitable company shows you have no interest in the actual finances :russ:

They are getting as much as things like the U.S. Open and La Liga which are actually watched by more people and have luxurious advertisers backing them. That's why Tony Khan is so happy this week. They got a return from WBD that many would have never thought possible 5 years ago for a secondary wrestling promotion that's still in it's infancy.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Unacceptable how? You're talking just to talk now... :pachaha: I don't usually post in here because it's all "AEW is dying" which was funny for a while but now it's just unhinged speak from people who don't understand what just happened.
Bro

As a six cert member from the coli I’m telling you that’s unacceptable

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
at this point what do u think can be done creative wise or business wise to recapture the hype and spark AEW once had to where they're at least doing consistently respectable numbers and packing venues even if its obviously not on the level of competing with WWE?

It's obvious that no matter what former WWE stars they sign it's not moving the needle or working as a bandaid so they have to figure something else out

I don't think the company will ever die regardless but u dont wanna see it nose dive to the point where it's regarded as a graveyard or gets to impact wrestling status

1. Get a weekly TV show on regular Fox (not FS1)
2. Bite the bullet and make PPVs no extra cost with a regular MAX subscription similar to WWE/Peacock, whatever money you lose on PPV revenue you gain in new fans and exposure
3. Offer Paul Heyman equity in the company and a big yearly salary to be the head writer
4. Make a play at Brock Lesnar if WWE walks away from him
5. Run Collision out of Universal Studios or a regular location like NXT or WCW Saturday Night
6. Go to 2 big markets a month for Dynamite and run the other 2 at Daily's Place
7. Keep Forbidden Door as a yearly PPV but otherwise no non-contracted Japanese or Mexican talent on AEW programming
8. Fold ROH
9. Buddy up with and fund 1 American indie where you can send unused talent like how WWF did with ECW and Memphis and let them get a buzz

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
If TK puts the belt back on Mox Saturday

:unimpressed:
ricky-bobby.gif

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Mox with the title pacing back and forth like a fiend holding the mic like a spoon might actually fit this era of low expectations
he do be cutting promos like it's 03:00 in the kitchen, the munchies hit vicious and you trying to talk your inner demon down from eating up all the cereal in the house and leave ol girl's kids hungry in the morning :ohhh: