TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK DISAPPOINTED IN OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 568 DAYS/81 WEEKS)

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Was Mercedes always that bad on the mic? I don’t remember her being too bad in WWE but also WWE was so ass during her come up that I wasn’t really paying attention

:hubie:

And before brooks come for me, I love black women and Mercedes top 5 all time pal
Bayley was always the best on the mic by default

Bayley
Charlotte
Becky
Mercedes

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Was Mercedes always that bad on the mic? I don’t remember her being too bad in WWE but also WWE was so ass during her come up that I wasn’t really paying attention

:hubie:

And before brooks come for me, I love black women and Mercedes top 5 all time pal
I remember her being horrendous as a babyface and good enough (with some highlights) as a heel.

In all honesty, I haven't heard much from her in AEW. Only been watching her matches.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Right, AEW is just Tony’s toy to do whatever with. Being the owner of a wrestling company was probably childhood dream that he finally got to realize.

I can’t see AEW being around in 5 years at this rate.

Nah they’ll be around as long as TK keeps pumping money into the company. Don’t see them “dying” anytime soon

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Nah they’ll be around as long as TK keeps pumping money into the company. Don’t see them “dying” anytime soon

this new TV deal will probably put them in the black, even if by just a bit. They'll be around for a while, whether they are ever true "competition" to WWE again (coming close in ratings or attendance) is the part that's debatable

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
this new TV deal will probably put them in the black, even if by just a bit. They'll be around for a while, whether they are ever true "competition" to WWE again (coming close in ratings or attendance) is the part that's debatable
Meltzer says AEW’s new tv deal needs to be at least $150M per year in order for them to make a profit. Last year Brandon Thurston said it had to be closer to $200M. I don’t think they’ll get either of those.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Meltzer says AEW’s new tv deal needs to be at least $150M per year in order for them to make a profit. Last year Brandon Thurston said it had to be closer to $200M. I don’t think they’ll get either of those.

They’ll get it lol

I feel like AEW is gonna be in that pre Janel Grant WWE territory where they fail upward for a long time

shyt is declining over there no doubt, but they’re still near the top for cable ratings week in week out, and these networks seem to see more value in wrestling than actual wrestling fans do so they clearly got data that we’re ignorant to

That deal will be solid

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
at the end of the day it's a private company so we're never gonna get access to their books to know if they are actually profitable, how many PPV they actually sell, who is making what in the company, etc. It's all just word of mouth from the dirt sheets, which isn't worth much.

They’ll get it lol

I feel like AEW is gonna be in that pre Janel Grant WWE territory where they fail upward for a long time

shyt is declining over there no doubt, but they’re still near the top for cable ratings week in week out, and these networks seem to see more value in wrestling than actual wrestling fans do so they clearly got data that were ignorant to

That deal will be solid

getting their PPV on Max is something they need because that's one way to get casual fans or curious fans into the product who aren't watching at the moment, right now its just the same die-hards ordering the PPVs. shyt I'd watch them if they were on MAX because I'm damn sure not giving AEW any of my money presently.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I'll be so glad when we don't have to hear the words "new TV deal" again. They shouls just put Dynamite & Collision on one of Shad khan's TV channels and call it a day.
Besides, "Bounce TV Championship" has a nice ring to it!

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
getting their PPV on Max is something they need because that's one way to get casual fans or curious fans into the product who aren't watching at the moment, right now its just the same die-hards ordering the PPVs. shyt I'd watch them if they were on MAX because I'm damn sure not giving AEW any of my money presently.
I think that's tricky because from what I can recall they have strong buyrates for their PPVs. Cutting into that could hurt their bottom line, but I guess it might be the risk they need to take to get new people watching it. I think AEWs major problem their product is mainly for the hardcore, which is why they constatnly get 600k+ viewers, but there is not much growth because Punk took away the casuals that were checking out the product. Plus, WWE becoming interesting again def hurts them as an alternative

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I'll be so glad when we don't have to hear the words "new TV deal" again. They shouls just put Dynamite & Collision on one of Shad khan's TV channels and call it a day.
Besides, "Bounce TV Championship" has a nice ring to it!
Right. Let the deal drop and then have the critics and defenders spin it to their hearts content.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
They’ll get it lol

shyt is declining over there no doubt, but they’re still near the top for cable ratings week in week out, and these networks seem to see more value in wrestling than actual wrestling fans do so they clearly got data that were ignorant to

That deal will be solid

Why would they get any of that? Wbd can give them 50-70 a year and khan would have no choice but to take it. Theres no network out there for him to hold over wbd head. He has zero leverage.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why would they get any of that? Wbd can give them 50-70 a year and khan would have no choice but to take it. Theres no network out there for him to hold over wbd head. He has zero leverage.
All reporting has been they're gonna get at least double what they previously received so WBD values them at that :manny:
Now it matters if they include the PPVs on Max for free cause then that's cutting off a ton of revenue for a guarantee and the double would make a lot more sense