TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I don't get how current aew is materially different than the bulk of AEW's existence. The proposition was that Robbie Handspring, Haruto Sato, random WWE castoffs, and the young bucks doing moves every week and not being WWE was enough.
I think people were operating under the assumption that things would improve over time. But it’s been 5 years and people are basically burnt out on wrassling for the sake of wrassling. If people want to see random bouts there’s legit combat sports for that. Now if that’s direction you going then go all the way then. Dim the lights, get a serious commentating team, and do it the right way.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I think people were operating under the assumption that things would improve over time. But it’s been 5 years and people are basically burnt out on wrassling for the sake of wrassling. If people want to see random bouts there’s legit combat sports for that. Now if that’s direction you going then go all the way then. Dim the lights, get a serious commentating team, and do it the right way.
You're preaching to the choir here, as this has been a drum I've been beating:

bunch of guys doing shyt with no direction no angles no stories. Why wouldn’t I watch MMA? Why wouldn’t I watch the Olympics? There are backyard wrestling feds with better storytelling and better booking

A wrestling match absent an angle or storyline might as well be ballet. I can watch gymnasts do flips better and I can watch mma dudes fight better.

We're at the point where people are being treated like idiots for wanting AEW to produce coherent storylines. If it's just dudes doing flips and spins why wouldn't you watch gymnastics instead? If it's dudes pretending to fight why wouldn't you watch boxing or MMA instead?

I think acting as if they're purposefully a workrate promotion and that's why there are not angles or feuds is shooting them a lot of bail. If that was the case why have any segments besides the wrestling?

For the record I don't think WWE does a good job of this either (bloodline excluded) but I don't see people galaxy braining it and saying they're doing it on purpose.

It was doomed to fail (whatever that means when tony can keep running it indefinitely) because "all bangers" wrestling audience is a niche of a niche. Maybe we'll get some good wrestlecrap out of it as they circle the toilet. The biggest thing to come out of all of this is that The Young Bucks suck.

get my pool

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the difference is that Cattle tried to turn the other one into the official AEW update/twitter thread and filibuster it
Mans started posting random high schoolers doing ‘aew dances’ and shyt was a wrap

On the subject on the video though; we been saying pretty much the same shyt in this thread for a while. Nobody ever changes or gets actually elevated. Tony’s idea of elevating somebody is giving them a belt and booking them the exact same way they were being booked prior to getting the belt. Then you have people like Moxley that have been doing the exact same act since they showed up

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
the difference is that Cattle tried to turn the other one into the official AEW update/twitter thread and filibuster it

Yea that other one is pretty much any AEW general discussion that doesn’t warrant a thread of its own. There’s no stench to it anymore

Same thing with the triple h thread. It’s a lot less stinky these days. I kinda dig that tho.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Id rather watch 1993 wwf superstars reruns of a whole show of squash matches and storytelling through commentary/mean gene then aew. Ive never been able to get through one ep. Idk whats going on half the time or who im lookong at. Its like they ignore everything that makes wwe well done and im not a huge fan of that either but aew is a hard watch and filled with lame surfer cac comedy and zero follow through. I pay attention to the the business more than watch it these days but yea belt or no belt, guys stay same level and go nowhere.. I will check omega v osprey tho but they fukk up easy money somehow over and over.

They need to change it up. The no selling/lack ot psychology/story kills it for me. Whats the point of watching a match when no moves matter. Thats like half the fun of wrestling, even as a kid. Even the video games you had to work ya way up to them and then it was over. Idk where this shyt came from. I dont get it. To me it shows a lack of understanding of what american wrestling is. Calling it a style is … yea whatever. Mma/nfl is winning because of the shyt they stope from wwe (storytelling, great video packages, actual PROMO) and all their shyt is half assed and feels like tna with money behind it. Its a mess.

Had to shut it off after the tongue wagging. Wow

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Yea that other one is pretty much any AEW general discussion that doesn’t warrant a thread of its own. There’s no stench to it anymore

Same thing with the triple h thread. It’s a lot less stinky these days. I kinda dig that tho.

the Triple H one was just the initial news of him taking over creative and then it morphed into the WWE update thread. It was never really about him being a shytty booker or anything. There's a WWE Stinks thread on here but it was the same 3 or 4 people and hard to keep that thread pumping when they've been doing record business for like 18 months straight

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
There’s a reason you used to only see shyt like this on the indies

They thought that shyt was gonna get a pop and the whole crowd looking like :unimpressed:

Both guys are never on AEW tv & you got to be a diehard to watch ROH which they are on. Do comedy spots with people who are never on tv & be surprised when the crowd goes:beli:at least when the nasty boyz did the armpit spot as corny as it was they were over & it was the 90s