TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
As far as ratings go, I think something Grapsody said is true. When AEW hit those consistent ranges of 900k- 1.3M, that was largely due to WWE fans who werent happy with the WWE product at the time so came to AEW. Those viewers probably gave Tony the false sense that the stuff he was doing at the time was good as well, like the no story just wrestling stuff, the random tournies, etc. When Triple H took over and started correcting the ship, those fans went back to WWE. Khan's issue is he didnt "grab" those ppl while he had them. Even if they were WWE fans, if he had compelling shyt when he had them, they would still be tuning in to dynamite.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
As far as ratings go, I think something Grapsody said is true. When AEW hit those consistent ranges of 900k- 1.3M, that was largely due to WWE fans who werent happy with the WWE product at the time so came to AEW. Those viewers probably gave Tony the false sense that the stuff he was doing at the time was good as well, like the no story just wrestling stuff, the random tournies, etc. When Triple H took over and started correcting the ship, those fans went back to WWE. Khan's issue is he didnt "grab" those ppl while he had them. Even if they were WWE fans, if he had compelling shyt when he had them, they would still be tuning in to dynamite.

Khan needs to stop being a fukking mark and realize that the dude got the infinity stones of wrestling, all the money in the world, networks, and somehow someway booking the shyt like he's at the bingo hall. Dude trying to cater to the beards, instead of putting on compelling TV, of course It's going to be 800k and below.

Is that a bad thing...hell no. There are promotions that would sell their soul to the devil just to get 800k, let alone 400k on a Friday. I'm like this, there's no more excuses, no number babble, no more arguments about Big Bang Theory, no more signing another washed up has been or "game changer".

Its either cater to the beards and get neckbeard results, or sacrifice the problem and actually cook up stories that will make Hicklebottom blush.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
March 20, 2024 AEW Dynamite, 8-10 pm

800,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.27

Dynamite, only – P2+ comparisons:

• This episode vs. last week (798,000): +0%
  • This episode vs. trailing four weeks (807,000): -1%

Dynamite, only – P18-49 comparisons:

• This episode vs. last week (0.27): +0%
  • This episode vs. trailing four weeks (0.28): -4%

The “game changers” have literally made 0 difference:yeshrug:
It's not showing in the ratings. But, I generally have Dynamite on Wednesdays. I have to say the last few weeks, the show has held my attention more. They seem to be moving in the right direction as far as entertaining shows. Just not sure if they can get the numbers up.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I don't agree. You can make the argument that's almost everybody still left around watching. Most people watching that company now watch WWE and when they are, they're not watching AEW. It happens every time there's a PLE. The ones only watching AEW/NJ are a minority of a minority. The numbers prove it but he still caters to and runs his shows at losses for them

Chalking it to WWE fans happy for change is over simplifying it and removing responsibility. It doesn't matter what they like, they were watching AEW and they aren't anymore. And it's because they weren't given a reason to stick around, the booking is shyt and the wrestlers presentation is even shyttier. Everything about the company is Mr. Me Too and it's been all these years later and nobody over there has figured out how to get people watching after the debuts are done with. Or now, even watch the debuts. It ain't WWE fans or w.e. fault it's The Kid's fault

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

I wonder how much the Forbidden Door New Japan crossover stuff and Ring of Honor crossover stuff turned off any of the fans you're talking about

if you look at the ratings from summer of 2021 to early 2022 they were hitting 1M viewers pretty regularly. Then they announced TK bought Ring of Honor in March 2022 and they announced Forbidden Door in April 2022 and had New Japan wrestlers and ROH belts all over the shows and only hit 1M once until CM Punk came back from injury for the All Out build in August/September.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Would have immediately done more for her presentation if there had been no chairs, she'd dispatched both of the girls, and had them roll out to the floor, grab weapons. Then you have Stat pulling Willow through the curtain clearly leading them both running down to save. Hart and Blue dip - none of that stupid fukking blackout shyt - and then you can have an awkward face-off without furniture between Mercedes and Willow, with Statlander acting as the connecting point since she's largely been a pretty moral babyface.
Mercedes looks good being able to keep both girls at bay, and doesn't look like shyt for needing a rescue setup where the heels are outnumbered and outgunned.

Khan don't know how to book people to look strong without needing to turn it into 90s ECW. He just has no idea what makes someone appear dominant.
I wonder why :mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
And "if you don't know who Lil Toe Hold is then GOOGLE HIM!!"

tumblr_m21lkfqMm61r5gvg1o1_250.gif