TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

:huhldup:

This ain’t no fukking 3k 💀 is TK stat padding brehs?

The growing hard cam side can be shrunk, though. If Tony Khan give us a reason to care about Okada other than "OMG, HE'S JAPANESE :gladbron: ", and we start getting interesting character development and storylines for the AEW wrestlers, then fans will start coming back. The Dream Match era needs to end IMMEDIATELY. No more random matches. Most American fans don't care about G1's or P1's, or whatever they're called. We want stories. That's what sells seats in this country. Stories have always been front & center, going all the way back to the days of Gorgeous George.
If Tony Khan finally comes to grips with that simple fact, things can change.
We know that AEW is Tony Khan's personal vanity project, but if he gives the fans what WE want to see, then AEW will become the great promotion that it has the potential to be.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The growing hard cam side can be shrunk, though. If Tony Khan give us a reason to care about Okada other than "OMG, HE'S JAPANESE :gladbron: ", and we start getting interesting character development and storylines for the AEW wrestlers, then fans will start coming back. The Dream Match era needs to end IMMEDIATELY. No more random matches. Most American fans don't care about G1's or P1's, or whatever they're called. We want stories. That's what sells seats in this country. Stories have always been front & center, going all the way back to the days of Gorgeous George.
If Tony Khan finally comes to grips with that simple fact, then AEW will become the great promotion that it has the potential to be.

The thing that kills me about Okada debut was the fact that there was no rhyme or reason, other than "NJPW HAWTEST SIGNEE". Now imagine trying to tell some random head in bumfukk Georgia that this man is considered one of the best wrestlers in the world, and the poor sap going "waut I thought that wus Jawn Cenuah!"

If you are running a promotion, you got to embrace segments, storylines, and packages to deprogram the WWE out of people. If Khan expects to expand and be a "competitor", he's going to have to beat WWE at their own game by embracing the blueprint of a booker. Hell, Scott D Amore knew the blueprint and actually turned rubble into a household name once again.

But, the man is wild stubborn like a smark mark, hence why he got a binder of smarks in the arena, while the "hardcam" could be where the regular Joe schmo should be.

Okada should have had a video package, a PPV debut, and a call-out to the roster.

Instead, he's just a "friend" making money. Admirable because in these horrible times in wrestling "get that money".

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The thing that kills me about Okada debut was the fact that there was no rhyme or reason, other than "NJPW HAWTEST SIGNEE". Now imagine trying to tell some random head in bumfukk Georgia that this man is considered one of the best wrestlers in the world, and the poor sap going "waut I thought that wus Jawn Cenuah!"

If you are running a promotion, you got to embrace segments, storylines, and packages to deprogram the WWE out of people. If Khan expects to expand and be a "competitor", he's going to have to beat WWE at their own game by embracing the blueprint of a booker. Hell, Scott D Amore knew the blueprint and actually turned rubble into a household name once again.

But, the man is wild stubborn like a smark mark, hence why he got a binder of smarks in the arena, while the "hardcam" could be where the regular Joe schmo should be.

Okada should have had a video package, a PPV debut, and a call-out to the roster.

Instead, he's just a "friend" making money. Admirable because in these horrible times in wrestling "get that money".
Facts.
I'm glad wrestlers can get a bag by going to AEW (Tony Khan is the lick of all licks), but my fear is that Shad Khan will close his pocketbook of Tony doesn't start producing a return on Shad's investment.
Mercedes Moné might be Tony Khan's last Hail Mary as it pertains to American fans. Adam Copeland so far has been a miss, and If Tony Khan can't make Mercedes Moné bigger than Sasha Banks was...boy, oh boy.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Okada should have gotten that Kurt Angle to TNA treatment. Weeks of shadow vignettes with a final reveal mixed with NJPW footage.

Imagine Somoa Joe winning a match and here's a coin noise drop. Just curiosity, nothing more or less. Crowd like "wtf was that?" WE know but most of them don't.

Next week, Joe cuts a promo and a DHS delivery breh drops off a urgent letter, that ends up being a blank check. Crowd like "BREH WHOSE THIS :krs: " WE know, but do they know :wow:

Joe getting aggy leading to a PPV match with whatever the hell. 123, Joe wins and fake money falls from the sky. Joe picks up the dollar bill and what it show :krs:

*coin drops*

Debut of Okada.

Crowd like :krs: fukk fukk fukk YEAHHHH OKADA! The ones tuning in want to know about this random dude, and now you have a strong debut and a potential title shot in the future.

But lmao, lets throw Rainmaker with his friends in the toybox :D

What a fukking joke this wrestling business became :francis:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Facts.
I'm glad wrestlers can get a bag by going to AEW (Tony Khan is the lick of all licks), but my fear is that Shad Khan will close his pocketbook of Tony doesn't start producing a return on Shad's investment.
This x1000

I keep saying even if most of AEW isn't for me despite liking a lot of the real talent, I want them to succeed for the fans, for the wrasslers... their existence is good for the industry. But billionaires don't become billionaires by throwing money away. Tony has to at least get this thing to break even at the very least or daddy is gonna pull the plug on this venture. That means either changing the formula (from booking to marketing) to appeal to people outside of the usual 750k diehards or paying less money on talent that won't get a return on investment because of the way he runs his business (see above).

I'd prefer the former rather than the latter since that's healthier for everyone all around but we'll see.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alvarez says sasha thinks they should have announced her ahead of time and that she’s not on CM Punk’s level.

:heh: @ the reference to the everything is fine meme

says his blood boils when he sees AEW’s ticket sales lmao

“Everybody has great ideas and the great ideas aren’t being done”

“They don’t need to be as big as WWE, they just need to be as big as they used to be.”

SMH people complaining and leaking to the dirt sheets now over Tony's booking. The wheel is starting to turn. Just wait until people get mad over Okada is getting all this money.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The marks aren’t taking too kindly to the new sasha interview

You know most of these AEW marks are some sensitive fakkits they will sabotage her entire run out of spite just for admitting she’s bouncing at the end of her contract. :yeshrug:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

THIS MOTHERfukkER ALREADY GONE :laff:

BREH WTF WTF WTF MY MANS WENT LIKE:

200w.gif