Tony Khan calls out Ariel Helwani on Twitter

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
yes and both of them have discussed that on The Ringer. Tony the Snowman is a maniac and a dumbass but he's not wrong about Ariel being biased towards WWE...

Tony should have never gave Ariel access ⛄

Snowman and his Twitter Fingers shouldn't be the messenger for anything. Have him stick to press conferences and have someone else handle his AEW-related twitter posts.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah Ariel had dudes like Rory McDonald on the mma hour trashing UFC on their way out, while on UFC payroll. That wasn’t very smart. Dana sent him packing quick..

Considering that, I’m not surprised he’s massaging relationships these days. He learned pretty quick how this shyt goes if ya ask me. I’m personally not about to harm beneficial relationships trying to ask hard questions to please some twitter cats either

Playing the game gets you far in life

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Coach is being an idiot here. He was banned because Dana White threw a hissy fit over his Brock Lesnar report.

If people think that's justified then I don't know what to say.

Doesn’t mean Ariel didn’t finesse ESPN, and that’s not a bad thing either. Ariel is about his money and that’s fine

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Alright I watched that 20 minute clip of Ariel's side

A certain Cattle Prodder said Ariel should just know what not to ask in the moment. AEW reached out to him after shooting him down for months to grant the interview and did not tell him what could or couldn't be asked. That's 1000% on AEW and I'm not interested in a back and forth with AEW's Coli legal defense team on it. Screening questions is standard for any business giving public appearance, especially the owner. Didn't happen for the interview because AEW's not ran like a legit business in multiple ways.

Got told it was an inside joke mentioning Schiavone....nobody's laughing and on Monday night nobody still knows why he drug his own employee into it lmao

Nick Khan'd him and called him The Kid, that's still his name over Snowman
Ariel telling you infuriated marks he's not a wrestling reporter why the fukk are you even talking to me and he's not going to live by your rules :umad:

But yeah this thing is over with. No tweets from Coachman or anybody else that doesn't matter is going to change that man embarrassing himself on a Friday night and getting called out on his coke habit. The rest of that night and a whole PPV happened, whole new week started. Move on.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
yes and both of them have discussed that on The Ringer. Tony the Snowman is a maniac and a dumbass but he's not wrong about Ariel being biased towards WWE...

Tony should have never gave Ariel access ⛄
Ariel was shytting on WWE just a few months ago though :yeshrug: On Simmons podcast he was saying Vince is out of touch and AEW is restoring the feeling

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Ariel was sitting on WWE just a few months ago though :yeshrug: On Simmons podcast he was saying Vince is out of touch and AEW is restoring the feeling

yeah he was saying how he hates Lesnar vs Roman matches and that MJF was the best guy in the business

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
“I’m not a wrestling journalist” yet covers it as part of his day job

I guess I’m not a shyt poster, I just happen to shyt post.
Ariel isn't a wrestling reporter, though - he's an MMA reporter that's plugged into WWE because he's a wrestling fan and has connections there. Similar to Michael Landsberg from TSN. He was a sports reporter, didn't report on wrestling but regularly interviewed wrestling figures and had the occasional scoop.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ariel isn't a wrestling reporter, though - he's an MMA reporter that's plugged into WWE because he's a wrestling fan and has connections there. Similar to Michael Landsberg from TSN. He was a sports reporter, didn't report on wrestling but regularly interviewed wrestling figures and had the occasional scoop.
IIRC Landsberg was clowned regularly too :pachaha: