"Tony hawk was skating against plumbers and firemen"- 9 year old lands THREE 900's back to back

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You saw it happen in motocross also with backflips.

Once someone establishes that it's possible to do something, then you see how it goes from this show stopping event and progresses to just another thing. These kids are growing up not knowing that some of the things they're doing were unfathomable at one point in time.

It's like how FT line dunks are considered HS level dunks now.
It’s no different than when the five minute mile was broken. Nobody thought it was even possible before it happened, and then once it was broken, several more people broke it in the next years after. Once people believe something it possible then things become more normal, even if still only the most elite athletes can do it.

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
I know we joking here, but look at the natural progression of skating here. Now ask yourself have you seen another player come along with Jordan's blend of athleticism and skill in the 20 years since he hung them up? That's how ahead of the game he was :hubie:

MJ retired in ‘03. Lebron was drafted about 2 weeks later.

it took less than a month to find a better physical specimen than MJ. :skip:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
IMG-2481.gif

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Watching Tony do it for the first time was.. :wow:

You had to be there.. :mjcry:

I have a special moment. I was flipping channels and that part of the X-Games was broadcasting on ESPN. My first skating event to watch, and damnit am I happy to have Tony Hawk's 900 be my first experience. :banderas:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The equipment has improved a lot over 3 decades :manny:.

Good shyt for the kid though.

Not even the equipment moreso the internet era and skateboarding spreading internationally in general. Now there’s infinite skateboard content on the web from around the world and everyone is feeding off each other and progressing the sport. Not to mention the prevalence of skateparks in cities all over the world. The overall skill level and ceiling of what’s possible on a skateboard today is 100x what it was even compared to early 2000s skateboarding and continues to get pushed further by the day

Also Japan won the first Skateboarding Olympics (shoutout to the young goat Yuto) and it’s clear that they take that shyt very seriously because there’s a TON of talent coming out of Japan right now, particularly in the competitive space. You watch any major contest or Olympic qualifier male or female park or street and there’s actually a lot of parity between the US, Japan, and Brazil. It’s not like basketball or other sports they legit give us a run for our money. They already training an army of 3rd graders doing 900s and skating 20 stair handrails as you can see. They coming for the crown and Yuto is currently the most dominate contest skater in the game right now with an army of Gen Z kids coming up next :hubie:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Not even the equipment moreso the internet era and skateboarding spreading internationally in general. Now there’s infinite skateboard content on the web from around the world and everyone is feeding off each other and progressing the sport. Not to mention the prevalence of skateparks in cities all over the world. The overall skill level and ceiling of what’s possible on a skateboard today is 100x what it was even compared to early 2000s skateboarding and continues to get pushed further by the day

Also Japan won the first Skateboarding Olympics (shoutout to the young goat Yuto) and it’s clear that they take that shyt very seriously because there’s a TON of talent coming out of Japan right now, particularly in the competitive space. You watch any major contest or Olympic qualifier male or female park or street and there’s actually a lot of parity between the US, Japan, and Brazil. It’s not like basketball or other sports they legit give us a run for our money. They already training an army of 3rd graders doing 900s and skating 20 stair handrails as you can see. They coming for the crown and Yuto is currently the most dominate contest skater in the game right now with an army of Gen Z kids coming up next :hubie:

Agein....
Not you but in general

Regardless of all that shyt.

Where is this Rodney mullen level talent at?

nikkaz do nOt know shyt about being on a deck here.
plus were demonstrative with no respect.
for a skate legend on the board. When nikkaz some never did nuffin's incomparison.
In no field of nuffin.

Y'all need to stfu and go youtube the shyt you know nuffin about at the very least.

nikkaz talking like nyjiah was not the best.
at a similar age on flat.

Like Tony was not dominate as a kid.
Like hosoi was not one of the dopest dudes to ever live ever.

Like they seen mullen level.

Stop it.

I notice you failure face ass nikkaz will nOt dig in the crate about a cot damn thing. Like you too emo.
to find out yo no talent ass has a long way to go.
to ever be nice at some shyt.

Go dig in the crate you motherfukkers.
Skating was already pushed to the outer limits.
back when I was barely seven years old by mullen. Who skated better than figure skaters on ice with flawless routines. That people get views for four decades later.

Stop it. The world did not begin in the 2000's you young ass goofies.

no wonder y'all not good at shyt from physicsl to analytical. You motherfukkers think it is gonna be gifted to you.
Plus put forth no effort.
in any subject.

Y'all wack.

imma just tell you plain and simple. Y'all generally wack at everything.

That it is gonna stay that way.
till you go dig in the fukkin crate.
Then go leave yo weak sheltered antiquated homebody bubble as well.

art barr

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Agein....
Not you but in general

Regardless of all that shyt.

Where is this Rodney mullen level talent at?

nikkaz do nOt know shyt about being on a deck here.
plus were demonstrative with no respect.
for a skate legend on the board. When nikkaz some never did nuffin's incomparison.
In no field of nuffin.

Y'all need to stfu and go youtube the shyt you know nuffin about at the very least.

nikkaz talking like nyjiah was not the best at a similar age on flat.

Stop it.

I notice you failure face ass nikkaz will. Ot dig in the crate about a cot damn thing. Like you emo to find out yo no talent ass has a long way to go to ever be nice at some shyt.

Go dig in the crate you motherfukkers.
Skating was already oushed to the outer limits back when I was barely seven years old by mullen. Who skated better than figure skaters on ice with flawless routines. That people get views for four decades later.

Stop it. The world did not begin in the 2000's you young ass goofies.

no wonder y'allnot good at shyt from physicsl to analytical. You motherfukkers think it is gonna be gifted to you.
Plus put forth no effort.
in any subject.

Y'all wack.

imma just tell you plain and simple. Y'all generally wack at everything l.

That it is gonna stay that way.
till you go dig in the fukkin crate.

art barr

I've been skateboarding for over 20 years please sit the fukk the down with all that garbled nonsense. You do not know more about this shyt than me in any way