Tommy Davidson: “Jennifer Lopez made me feel like I’m not important!”

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
People also called out Timbaland for the Justin Timberlake/Nelly Fertado era once Black people realized how we were getting pushed out of the culture for non Blacks making our same music. The Macklemore Grammy win over Kendrick also got a lot of people to open their eyes about what was happening, but money will always talk. And producers are looking for “cross over” money.

I like JLo though. She has always shamelessly used what she has to get what she wants. I like Rosario too. She seems cool and seems to get in where she fits in.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
iono something positive and of substance :skip:.
And nikkas hate on shyt they think corny on here all time, ain't like I be in every club shay shay thread disturbing yall getting yall tea, continue to watch the male version of the View nikka

We really need to look deep into why brehs have took on the role of women and be stuck on this dumbshyt. Like the shyt don't even be funny without being mean spirited or nasty.
I know it sounds crazy but I'll say this till I can no longer draw breathe, but the fact is we have a generation of black men who went to the salon all up under mama or being too in grown folks business instead of going outside. Now we got grown ass men mad at the next man because we don't give a fukk which D-lister is fukking which instagram bytch.

SMFH

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People also called out Timbaland for the Justin Timberlake/Nelly Fertado era once Black people realized how we were getting pushed out of the culture for non Blacks making our same music. The Macklemore Grammy win over Kendrick also got a lot of people to open their eyes about what was happening, but money will always talk. And producers are looking for “cross over” money.

I like JLo though. She has always shamelessly used what she has to get what she wants. I like Rosario too. She seems cool and seems to get in where she fits in.
Nelly Furtado always seemed like a real one. She did lean in on her Portugese heritage but she's also from Canada and has a diverse upbringing. I saw a photo of her lately bigging up J Cole.

Timbo did a lot of crossover like the Neptunes but he's done a lot for Black culture.

I do feel some type of way about Justin Timberlake nowadays though especially after the Janet incident then him trying to do a country album :mjlol:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
We really need to look deep into why brehs have took on the role of women and be stuck on this dumbshyt. Like the shyt don't even be funny without being mean spirited or nasty.
I know it sounds crazy but I'll say this till I can no longer draw breathe, but the fact is we have a generation of black men who went to the salon all up under mama or being too in grown folks business instead of going outside. Now we got grown ass men mad at the next man because we don't give a fukk which D-lister is fukking which instagram bytch.

SMFH
yea i'm really surprised to see mostly men cheer on as Shannon does his best Andy Cohen impression getting "old tea" out of these guests
nikka really asked me what did I expect Shannon to do with his platform, 2023 yall :dead:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is traditional among latina actresses. Almost all of them get their break on black shows or movies. than move on to whiter audiences and you never see them work with black folks or hang out with them again afterwards.

Sofia Vergara - big break soul plane, hasn't worked with black people since
Jennifer Lopez- as stated here
Zoe Zaldana- Drumline - hasn't worked with black people since
Salma hayek- started on the sinbad tv show hasn't worked with black shows or movies since
Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since
Eva Mendes - did movies like training day, all about the benjamins, Exit wounds with DmX, then did hitch with Will smith made her A list and suddenly she stopped doing black films.
Rosario worked in Luke Cage breh...you were fukking her at some point....why the hate breh?