Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU - (Trayvon Martin)

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I saw Richelle Carey tweet this

The Savvy Sista: Tom Joyner offers Rachel Jeantel a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to any HBCU

Rachel Jeantel, the witness that was the last one to speak to Trayvon Martin, was offered a wonder surprise by the 'Hardest working Man in Radio' Mr. Tom Joyner.

Tom Joyner offered Jeantel help with acquiring her GED as well as preparatory assistance with the SAT. His offer didn't stop there. He then proceeded to offer her a full scholarship to any HBCU she wishes to attend.

rachel.jpg

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
uh,I could use that scholarship. I wouldn't mind going to Fisk or Howard. She's a fool not to accept it. I wanted to be a teacher more than ever when she took the stand.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
why do you perceive it as such breh ?

he's basically telling her she's dumb and needs education without telling her shes dumb and uneducated.

Like offering someone a sandwich because they are dressed bummy.......sure, u think ure doing them a favor.......but imagine how that person feels about how they must look when u do that......especially if they dont feel like they are dressed bummy.........now imagine how they would feel if u did that in front of everyone in the country.

You want to help her like that cool, do it in private. Dont make her a public charity case so u can get kudos off ur "generosity"

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
lol at it taking only 5 posts for people to find a way to shyt on an underprivileged girl being given a free education.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do you think she's going to 'waste it'.

After seeing her chameleon performance on Pierce Morgan, I think a kid who's actually "trying" to get into college would benefit form more from that scholarship :yeshrug:

But, let me get off my high-horse this morning. How dare I criticize anybody who gets the opportunity to got to college :obama:

It's not like it'll be worth anything, once you graduate, and don't have the hook-up to land your foot in the door :skip:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
After seeing her chameleon performance on Pierce Morgan, I think a kid who's actually "trying" to get into college would benefit form more from that scholarship :yeshrug:

But, let me get off my high-horse this morning. How dare I criticize anybody who gets the opportunity to got to college :obama:

It's not like it'll be worth anything, once you graduate, and don't have the hook-up to land your foot in the door :skip:

Got damn you a ol Debbie Downer ass nikka. Who pissed in your frosted flakes. :comeon: