[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Must be Microsoft bribery

Square's engine they used on FF16 (great game to me) showed their in house shyt ain't poppin. Funny tho, because FF7 Remake used Unreal.

But Forspoken and FF16 using Square's in house shyt has shown that they may need to just pony up for Unreal going forward.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Square's engine they used on FF16 (great game to me) showed their in house shyt ain't poppin. Funny tho, because FF7 Remake used Unreal.

But Forspoken and FF16 using Square's in house shyt has shown that they may need to just pony up for Unreal going forward.
Yea. Maybe some of those royalty fees cut into the bottom line

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yea. Maybe some of those royalty fees cut into the bottom line
Always money. Said in another thread. Makes sense why.

But going forward, just bit the bullet and pay Epic. If Remake is using it, just go forward with Unreal. Besides, Sony has a nice stake in Epic so maybe they could help them reduce the fee for Squeenix to pay :yeshrug:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Near $1k? This thing wouldn't cost over $500. And if the numbers in the op are real, it would be much more than a minimal upgrade. That 8k talk is just talk, though. No developer would waste resources on a native 8k resolution.
Yep this thing just needs 4k 60 fps in every title. fukk that PRO enhanced graphics mode shyt. Just give me 4k 60 fps in base ps5 graphics mode for games like ff 16 and we cookin

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If the PS5 pro comes out next year.

Then the PS5 would have come and gone with only 1 game made by sony specific to the hardware, and only a few 3rd parties.

The idea of them asking people to upgrade hardware already seems crazy to me. I’m still not convinced a PS5pro in 2024 is actually a thing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All their games been cross gen. Spider-man 2 is the first actual PS5 exclusive.

Demon’s Souls
Ratchet and Clank RIft Apart
Returnal
Last of Us Part 1
Spider-Man 2
Astro’s Playroom
Horizon Call of The Mountain
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
Helldivers 2

And there will be a slew of games next year as the cross gen period is over. But i expect you to move a lot of goalpost to continue going back and forth with me.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Demon’s Souls
Ratchet and Clank RIft Apart
Returnal
Last of Us Part 1
Spider-Man 2
Horizon Call of The Mountain
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
Helldivers 2

And there will be a slew of games next year as the cross gen period is over. But i expect you to move a lot of goalpost to continue going back and forth with me.
I said sony developed game just for the ps5 :stopitslime:

Ps3 remasters ain’t it :stopitslime: