Today marks 75 years exactly, since the greatest black leader Marcus Garvey died.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
'People without the knowledge of their Past History, Origin, and Culture is like a tree without

Roots.' His relevant perspective just show how monumental and transcending his BLACKEXCELLENCE was:salute:

...if only WE had more True Black Leaders to carry on the torch:mjcry:

@bdizzle, you see how CrossDressing CaC Hoover is forever exempt for his role in eradicating ALL of our Liberating Movements, but the KKK goes on without a hitch:scust:

The US government is the greatest enemy of black people globally. I've been saying a while but America is one of the wickedest nations in modern history.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Marcus Garvey was right that there needed to be a black empire to protect the interest of black people worldwide. I believe the only solution for black liberation is multiple African superpowers. For that to happen there has to be a black nationalist movement all over Africa. Economic development by following how the east asian economies turned around the last century.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you actually think all Garvey did was give speeches you're misinformed. The UNIA was such a threat that having the Negro World in your possession would land you 5 years in prison. Garvey was such a threat, him and anyone associated with him were banned from entering multiple countries in the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Africa.

Threats are meaningless

at the end of the day, he did nothing to this white man like every other leader, malcolm x all of them didn't raise a hand to this white man

John Horse went to battle end of story

heroes fight for their people against their enemies

John Horse is the only black american hero and he should be celebrated by black americans

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Garvey had good intentions but Dubois had better ideology. And despite what The Coli says, MLK is the GOAT.

How did Dubois have better ideology. Maybe during their time that could have been argued, but in 2015... nah :skip:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Threats are meaningless

at the end of the day, he did nothing to this white man like every other leader, malcolm x all of them didn't raise a hand to this white man

John Horse went to battle end of story

heroes fight for their people against their enemies

John Horse is the only black american hero and he should be celebrated by black americans
Respectively breh that's some dumb shyt you just said. Some of you nikkas done romanticized fighting the cracka so much where that's the only thing that matter to ya'll. John Horse wasn't the only man to lead a slave rebellion and escape. What about Nat Turner? What about Harriet Tubman? We have to fight white oppression on all fronts not just militaristic combat. Booker T Washington founded Tuskegee school. Washington built Tuskegee from the ground up. He taught practical education,nation building basically.After you fight the cracka, who go make your clothes,house,appliances and utilities?How you go feed your people without knowing agriculture science. Booker T Washington built an infrastructure to this day still stands. What are you going to leave your kids and people after you die?Now to move on to Garvey who Booker T inspired with his book "Up From Slavery.Marcus Garvey basically built upon what Booker T Washington's Philsophy was he just added the idea of "race first" to it. You said he didn't achieve anything? That's a joke right?Garvey was the leader of the largest black organization of it's time, ever. 15 million blacks in, every religion, every country, every language, every nationality, this man was the only one to bring them all together. No other black leader in modern history was able to do that.Garvey built infrastructure he didn't just give speeches. He had a news papers that spread the ideas and agenda of black folks. News papers back than was a very popular form of media. Also Garvey built Negros Factories Association, aimed to produce marketable products in important places of the Western countries and Africa. Also Garvey set up the Black Star Line a shipping company. The purpose of the establishment of the Black Star Line, was to establish trade and commercial activities of Africans residing in America, South and Central America. The Black Star Line was later sabotage by the FBI. The Unia also had a military core both male and female. Marcus Garvey meet up with Grand Wizard of the KKK because members of both organizations were killing each other at a rapid rate and both organizations started to lose membership. So they called for a truce on the blood shed. Also Garvey petition the League of Nations (It wasn't called the United Nations yet), he wanted the African colonies to be turn back over to black people. Right before he got deported he was working on a central black bank. Kwame Nkrumah liberated Ghana with the teachings of Garvey.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don't know how I missed this thread, my father is a big time Garvey fan and would tell me about him when I was young, my great grand uncle worked for the UNIA chapter in Dominica, feel honored that I have some kind of ties to Garvey, even though my great granduncle never met him personally, he did assist in the orders Garvey gave :wow:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Garvey had good intentions but Dubois had better ideology. And despite what The Coli says, MLK is the GOAT.

Yeah Dubois who was Boule. Dubois who called the Garvey "gorilla" in newspapers. Dubois who actively discredited Garvey any chance he got.