Today is the 9th anniversary of Uncle Phil becoming head of Xbox. Get in here and show respect for this legend.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Can somebody make a non biased, objective list of first party GOTY contenders Xbox has produced since he took over?

I guarantee you the list will be pathetic and filled with reaches. As a reformed XLOST stan, im tryna spread the good word here. Gamepass is Microsoft's gaming future, not consoles. Save face while you can so you don't be like them violin cacs on the titanic and @PS5

BBG forever :wow:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Can somebody make a non biased, objective list of first party GOTY contenders Xbox has produced since he took over?

I guarantee you the list will be pathetic and filled with reaches. As a reformed XLOST stan, im tryna spread the good word here. Gamepass is Microsoft's gaming future, not consoles. Save face while you can so you don't be like them violin cacs on the titanic and @PS5

BBG forever :wow:
You don't even understand the mans job, he's not the sole decider on everything that happens.
He doesn't decide which game comes and which ones don't. He lobbies for the gaming division to get funding, and when good ideas are brought up he's basically the internal lawyer. And Microsoft agreed to put more focus on the gaming division. The end result is not only Gamepass which was already what Microsoft wanted to do since the launch of the Xbox One. Maybe you forogt, GameStop was mad Microsoft was trying to cut them out. They wanted to let us share games but YOU CRIED ABOUT IT. They wanted us to be able to sell our used games virtually. They still might create a Virtual gaming market (TBC) But the point is a gaming service like Sega had on Comcast back in the 90's was always the end goal.

You can give Phil all or none of the credit, who gives a flying frog fukk really?
Like, all of this is just you guys upset that your system of choice is ran by a soft ass sinister bad human being overall and your company is where LYING IS MANDATORY and you see it more and more each passing day.

I learned this FACT around the launch of the PS2 and I see them do similar shyt each gen, you too much of a fanboy to notice.
Now you attacking Phil who just so happens to be in charge of the best thing to happen to consumers in the gaming space EVER.
You guys are slow, and I've personally outgrown you ladies. Now its time I shift to a more leadership role like a Phil Spencer. Time I run thangs.
Your days are numbered :hhh:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Despite being an executive, I always admired his transparency, he did long form interviews with people that Andrew House or Reggie wouldn't ever sit in front of and didn't run from hard questions, which I always respected. You can tell that he actually plays games and has a distinct vision of how to balance gaming culture with corporate expectations. I remember John Linneman of digital foundry mentioning that after a meeting with a room of journalists where he was openly skeptical of game pass, Spencer sat with him one on one, took his time to outline his views on digital ownership. He let it be known, on the record, that internally he pushes for customers having agency through physical media in perpetuity. Imo the fact that he didn't need to say that shows he really believes it, that's commendable for his position. I also appreciated him sitting down with Gerstmann all those years during E3, that says a lot about how he thinks of games, especially in the interview below where he frames streaming as an accessibility feature, his focus on accessibility to low income and disabled people always resonated with my personal politics. Aside from pre-written speeches and soundbites, you don't see the other executives making that a priority.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good PR man, and gamepass was a brilliant idea. However, he really needs a signature moment of providing a quality AAA exclusive that isn't Forza Gears Halo. Next year will be his 10th year, so I hope he shows after all of these acquisitions that Microsoft can produce a steady stream of AAA games that aren't polarizing

edit; I wish I can unsee that herpes pic. Curse you for posting it lol

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good PR man, and gameness was a brilliant idea. However, he really needs a signature moment of providing a quality AAA exclusive that isn't Forza Gears Halo. Next year will be his 10th year, so I hope he shows after all of these acquisitions that Microsoft can produce a steady stream of AAA games that aren't polarizing

edit; I wish I can unsee that herpes pic. Curse you for posting it lol
Gamepass is not a brilliant idea. It’s an idea that only exists because a trillion dollar company can afford it. It’s like saying buying Bethesda and Activision was a brilliant idea. Why didn’t Sony do that.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
You don't even understand the mans job, he's not the sole decider on everything that happens.
He doesn't decide which game comes and which ones don't. He lobbies for the gaming division to get funding, and when good ideas are brought up he's basically the internal lawyer. And Microsoft agreed to put more focus on the gaming division. The end result is not only Gamepass which was already what Microsoft wanted to do since the launch of the Xbox One. Maybe you forogt, GameStop was mad Microsoft was trying to cut them out. They wanted to let us share games but YOU CRIED ABOUT IT. They wanted us to be able to sell our used games virtually. They still might create a Virtual gaming market (TBC) But the point is a gaming service like Sega had on Comcast back in the 90's was always the end goal.

You can give Phil all or none of the credit, who gives a flying frog fukk really?
Like, all of this is just you guys upset that your system of choice is ran by a soft ass sinister bad human being overall and your company is where LYING IS MANDATORY and you see it more and more each passing day.

I learned this FACT around the launch of the PS2 and I see them do similar shyt each gen, you too much of a fanboy to notice.
Now you attacking Phil who just so happens to be in charge of the best thing to happen to consumers in the gaming space EVER.
You guys are slow, and I've personally outgrown you ladies. Now its time I shift to a more leadership role like a Phil Spencer. Time I run thangs.
Your days are numbered :hhh:
You just replied to me like I haven't been riding for Xbox for literally 20+ years of my life.

Only like 15% of what you wrote
can be logically directed at me, so I'll respond to that. Yes I shytted on Phil. Yes I'm shytting on you for being a PHIL SPENCER FANBOY (how pathetic can you be, I mean come on). Yes, I am expressing how gamepass is the greatest thing to happen for gamers since XBOX Live. I can acknowledge that Microsoft has done amazing things for gaming while also being an adult in 2023 and realizing that I can still support the GOAT PC company via gamepass while acknowledging their systems are simply not worth it.

Sony stans have been saying for YEARS, and I quote, "where the games nikka :dahell:" and while Gears/Halo/Forza kept us fed for decades, in 2023 it's unacceptable. And with advent of gamepass, I can now enjoy the best game streaming has to offer while not buying another console ever again. You got butthurt because I shytted on your daddy Phil, but the reality is I don't give a damn who over at Microsoft is to blame so if it don't apply, let it fly

Lastly, shame on you for trying to paint me out as a playstation guy. My sentiments are well documented on the coli; receipts can be pulled. I am not nor do I wish to be accepted into Sony set. All I did was acknowledge that I've been rooting against them for years when my ill feelings were really just misplaced. I still ain't buying no damn playstation.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass is not a brilliant idea. It’s an idea that only exists because a trillion dollar company can afford it. It’s like saying buying Bethesda and Activision was a brilliant idea. Why didn’t Sony do that.
As a consumer, it's brilliant imo. I think gamepass was the major route they had to take due to being slaughtered by Playstation last gen. I feel it's uncharted territory and we'll see if the gamble works. I thin if they're able to produce a quality game or 2 a quarter then the gamble could work.