To this day, it baffles me how Muggsy Bogues at 5'3 was able to have a 15 year NBA career

killacal

Banned
Daps
Isn't that the same Isaiah that averaged 15 as a high point the next few years:skip:?

Son literally had a one year anomaly:mjlol:.
Him not being able to reproduce it is even worse for the league today:mjlol:

They letting random bums get 30 for the year :mjlol:

League full of pro video gamers, YouTube streamers and social media socialites:hhh:

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe he could bench 335 several times as well - dude was like 135 lbs lol.

Dude was a beast. I bet he knew he coulda been a NBA superstar if he was foot taller.

Played with Earl for a couple years at Eastern...
I'm from Detroit and Earl was easily one of the best players I have ever seen...
Still remember watching tape and Earl made shots and coach like he's a fukkin freak and I don't mean like Rick James :heh::mjlol::russ:..
We had to end film dudes were crying laughing

Menna

All Star
Daps
Lots of Uber drivers in the nba back then
Bench full of dishwashers etc
so what were the D1 scholarship athletes that didn't make it to the league ball players with down syndrome?

Theres a system you dont just walk up to the arena and knock on the front door and they say let me see what you got...

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Mugsy was just able to take advantages of his low center of gravity and skills.

The thing about height and why I don't think we'll ever see a league full of 7'+ running point, forwards and traditional bigs:

Who are going to check the Curry's, Kyrie's, Trae Young's, etc.? Those players have routinely made the best defensive wings look like a mismatch on the perimeter.

Taller players may have skills, height/length, etc. but at the end of the day the same rules of physics that give them vertical advantages give them disadvantages when it comes to quickness and low center of gravity. These players simply have a more difficult time turning with the quicker guards, no amount of athletic training will overcome that consistently.

Additionally, some players simply are not bothered by length but more so by quickness, speed and players who can get right under them and into their pockets. If you put a taller/lengthy defender on them they just make them dance. But a shorter, strong player with fluid hips and quick hands can be absolutely disruptive to them.

Point is, if you build your team too short you're going to have advantages against team with great big players, but when you build your team too tall you're going to have disadvantages against teams with great small players.

Teams without a weakness will have a combination of both. It's balance. Then the best teams will not be exposed at either extreme, but will also have that game breaking shooting guard.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Absolutely dominant on the high school level and the leader of one of the best high school hoops teams in history. Muggsy was a freak athlete and talent.

school em.

mufukkaz be lettin that smile fool em. Them the nikkaz that be the most vicious sometimes.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I always complain about being tall and short ass nikkas talking shyt when you be hooping taking about, if I was your height I would be in the NBA. I be like nikka please I’m 6’5 not 7’2:beli:

But nikkas like Muggsy Bouges and Spud Webb could really tell me some shyt like that and I would have to shut the fukk up:sadcam:

Nah fukk that, my counter is "well if I had your speed/athleticism/etc I'd be in the NBA too" Short nikkas always want to take one element (height) but don't want to lose anything they already have. Plenty of tall nikkas who are stiffs and not in the NBA.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Lots of Uber drivers in the nba back then
Bench full of dishwashers etc

Pretty much….. you could be a starter back then on some teams and stat line be like

6.7ppg 5.2rb 3.7ast .9stl 33mpg

Gelo Ball stats WAAAAAAAAAY better than that but coli say he don’t even deserve to be on the bench in the NBA:hubie:

brick james

John piffington
Daps
what does that have to do with anthing I just typed ?

for one, 3s as a whole werent even taken much during a game during the period he played

for two, he was never assigned as the main scorer on his team.. more of a facilitator.. nothing would change for him in this current league.

You referenced Isiah Thomas. Dude was shooting almost 40% from the 3 point line to drop 30 a game. How's that indicative at all of how Mugsby Bogues, a dude who could barely shoot the 3 would do in this era.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Pretty much….. you could be a starter back then on some teams and stat line be like

6.7ppg 5.2rb 3.7ast .9stl 33mpg

Gelo Ball stats WAAAAAAAAAY better than that but coli say he don’t even deserve to be on the bench in the NBA:hubie:

It's called a role player

Roberson, PJ tucker, thybulle from philly.

They exist today still