To this day, I'm the ONLY person to say "Big Papa" by Biggie was blatantly biting west coast sound.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That I know of.

I was saying it when this song first dropped. Nobody I knew was able to pick up on it.

And so was Hypnotized, and obviously going back to Cali. I think the whole east vs. west hurt Big inside because he had love for L.A. and wanted to be accepted. And its probably why he went back not log after Pac got killed because he probably figured there would be unity on both sides.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Most definitely was west coast influenced. He made music both coasts could feel. That was the formula Puff put in place & Big executed it perfectly on both his albums. Listen to that freestyle over those west coast beats & who he shouts out at the end (Death Row) He definitely had love for the west

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Too bad the record sampled (and some of the sounds associated with the West Coast) was made by the Isley Brothers who are from Ohio, so are the often sampled The Ohio Players and Parliament started in New Jersey so it's whatever act like Ice Cube didn't run to the Bomb Squad or that Easy Mo Bee isn't from Brooklyn.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
nah you ain't the only one because lord jamar said the same exact thing on dj vlad around last year

and i guess it's about that g funk "whistle" on the hook as opposed to the sample itself, anybody know the proper term for that shyt? think the musical intro of menace to society, i call it a whistle for lack of a better term.....

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Too bad the record sampled (and some of the sounds associated with the West Coast) was made by the Isley Brothers who are from Ohio, so are the often sampled The Ohio Players and Parliament started in New Jersey so it's whatever act like Ice Cube didn't run to the Bomb Squad or that Easy Mo Bee isn't from Brooklyn.

i think OP was referring to the synths they added to the isley sample.

but yea, I hear you. people generally tend to overlook the original samples. for instance, the inclusion of "hypnotize" in this thread, which is really just a str8 sample with absolutely nothing added to it. not west coast influenced at all. I don't understand why OP tried to mention that one.

but I agree with OP concerning "big poppa" and of course "going back to cali".

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
That I know of.

I was saying it when this song first dropped. Nobody I knew was able to pick up on it.

And so was Hypnotized, and obviously going back to Cali. I think the whole east vs. west hurt Big inside because he had love for L.A. and wanted to be accepted. And its probably why he went back not log after Pac got killed because he probably figured there would be unity on both sides.

Um LA did fukk with Biggie. I got mad cousins in Carson, Compton, South Central. They all bumped Biggie when he was alive