To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Can’t really get a good read of how much of this is Pop going hands-off letting the youngins (including Wemby) go thru the growing pains of a full season together, and how much is Pop checked out.

‘Cause there were at least a few calls that went against SA that were borderline at best, and in years prior, Pop woulda laid into the officials. Instead, he just looked to his coaching staff, nodded, shrugged and moved on, even while the frustrated young player looked at him directly for some help.

Idk. Shyt ain’t quite my favorite approach either way.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can’t really get a good read of how much of this is Pop going hands-off letting the youngins (including Wemby) go thru the growing pains of a full season together, and how much is Pop checked out.

‘Cause there were at least a few calls that went against SA that were borderline at best, and in years prior, Pop woulda laid into the officials. Instead, he just looked to his coaching staff, nodded, shrugged and moved on, even while the frustrated young player looked at him directly for some help.

Idk. Shyt ain’t quite my favorite approach either way.
It doesn't make sense at all.

The Spurs are not communicating defensively and they're lazy on switches. To some degree, you can rely on natural athleticism on offense.
But defense needs to be worked on. These guys aren't just going to figure out how to play defense by leaving them out there....thinking they just need to "get mad".

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has a players meeting ever changed anything? Ever?

In any sport.
I'm genuinely asking.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want to say the 98 Yankees had a team meeting before going on their run. But maybe I'm misremembering that.