To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
team is atrocious
crazy thing is dejounte murray would be the perfect guard they need at teh moment :yeshrug:
Derrick White would be great also tbh

Nah, he'd be the worst at lil' bro'ing Wemby. Need an older PG. DunGawd had Avery putting everybody in their place early on.
Duncan was also 22 when he was in the league....and he might've been a textbook prodigy. Dude wasn't able to swim so he was like "fukk it, i guess i'll play basketball." and he turned out to be extremely good at it...like really good at it. He also had a veteran team as a rookie

IDK what the fukk Victor's got around him.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
These dudes are just physically unable to play for 48 mins. It's actually incredible, really

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Game night. I think Vassell is back, if not, they need to put the ball in Wemby's hands early and let him be the offense. Hopefully we see some effort on defense tonight.

What would ya'll be willing to give up for Lavine?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same. We did too much wheeling and dealing for those draft picks to use them in a Lavine trade.
I think LaVine makes sense on a team like the Lakers, or some other team that's decent defensively but needs the scoring.
Maybe Houston or Orlando or the Knicks. Clippers maybe? (before they got Harden)

The Spurs are still too bad on defense to risk assets for a guy like LaVine...who is already going to be 29 soon and probably peaking physically. If the Spurs were a .500 team I would be more open to it.

It looks like Doug McDermott and Cedi Osman have expiring contracts at the end of the season, so if any team needs 3pt shooting, I suspect the Spurs will try to get a 2nd round pick out of those guys.

Mamu is a restricted FA and he probably gets brought back next year.

I wonder if the Spurs take on a big expiring contract to get even more 1st round picks. That was the idea when people floated the possibility of acquiring Russell Westbrook, right?

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I think LaVine makes sense on a team like the Lakers, or some other team that's decent defensively but needs the scoring.
Maybe Houston or Orlando or the Knicks. Clippers maybe? (before they got Harden)

The Spurs are still too bad on defense to risk assets for a guy like LaVine...who is already going to be 29 soon and probably peaking physically. If the Spurs were a .500 team I would be more open to it.

It looks like Doug McDermott and Cedi Osman have expiring contracts at the end of the season, so if any team needs 3pt shooting, I suspect the Spurs will try to get a 2nd round pick out of those guys.

Mamu is a restricted FA and he probably gets brought back next year.

I wonder if the Spurs take on a big expiring contract to get even more 1st round picks. That was the idea when people floated the possibility of acquiring Russell Westbrook, right?
Yea it was. I like Cedi, I hope we can keep him. Doug can go. I don't hate him but him and Cedi are pretty much the same player. I'd rather we see how Barlow develops in Austin and bring him to the main roster.