To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I wouldn't mind Tobias coming on a cap friendly deal. If Risacher falls to us at 4 I'd definitely entertain trading the 8 pick if we get a good offer.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't mind Tobias coming on a cap friendly deal. If Risacher falls to us at 4 I'd definitely entertain trading the 8 pick if we get a good offer.
The ideal situation would be to bring in a veteran who would accept a bench role to help mold the younger players. Like having Kevin Garnett at the end of his career try to mentor Karl Anthony Towns.

I'm not sure that Tobias Harris is that kind of person. And, candidly, he does not have the championships and winning under his belt to really have that kind of command.

What I wouldn't give to have like....a Pau Gasol or Manu Ginobili or even Patty Mills to show these kids the work ethic necessary to play in this league.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
The ideal situation would be to bring in a veteran who would accept a bench role to help mold the younger players. Like having Kevin Garnett at the end of his career try to mentor Karl Anthony Towns.

I'm not sure that Tobias Harris is that kind of person. And, candidly, he does not have the championships and winning under his belt to really have that kind of command.

What I wouldn't give to have like....a Pau Gasol or Manu Ginobili or even Patty Mills to show these kids the work ethic necessary to play in this league.
What about him gives you that impression? I remember following Mathysse Thybulle his rookie year and Tobias was his vet. They seemed to have a great connection and Mathysse would always credit him with being a positive mentor and helping him transition to the pros.

Now if he can't accept a bench role, then yea I'll pass. If he can't accept make the MLE, I'll pass.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What about him gives you that impression? I remember following Mathysse Thybulle his rookie year and Tobias was his vet. They seemed to have a great connection and Mathysse would always credit him with being a positive mentor and helping him transition to the pros.

Now if he can't accept a bench role, then yea I'll pass. If he can't accept make the MLE, I'll pass.
Maybe you're right.
Maybe Harris would be helpful.

My impression of him might be clouded by a lot of the hate he gets online.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Seems like Reed Sheppard's draft stock has gone up a lot since the NCAA season ended.

If the draft was held in March he might very well be there at #4. Now? Maybe not.
makes sense. Statistically, he was an incredible player.

I don't know much about the draft, but his shooting has to translate.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW

What about this route?