To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Interesting note:

AS THE SEASON progressed, so did the Spurs.

After the All-Star break, the Spurs had a 111.8 defensive rating which was 12th-best in the league during that stretch. Prior to the break, San Antonio's defensive rating was 117.5, No. 23 in the league.

After experimenting with the best fits around Wembanyama, the Spurs found their preferred starting group in the second half of the season -- Wembanyama, Tre Jones, Devin Vassell, Julian Champagnie and Jeremy Sochan -- which finished with a plus-3.3 net rating in 404 minutes.

That group finished with a 117.4 offensive and a 96.6 defensive rating in 142 minutes with Keldon Johnson in place of Champagnie.

Of the two-man lineups that played consistent minutes with Wembanyama, the only two that finished with a positive net rating for the season were Jones (plus-4.3) and Vassell (plus-1.3).

And this:

Whether or not the Spurs start to make a push this summer remains unknown. If they wait until next summer, they could have closer to $50 million in cap space available. Next summer, the team has its own first-round selection, an unprotected pick from the Atlanta Hawks, a top-10 protected pick from the Chicago Bulls and a lottery-protected first from the Charlotte Hornets at its disposal. Clearing those picks would free some cap space for 2025-26 or allow the team to make a bigger swing.

Then there's this quite article pushing for the Spurs to get Dillingham and Sheppard:

And here's an article talking about how Risacher worked out for the Spurs, as well as other players the Spurs have worked out:

Risacher isn’t the only prospect the Spurs have worked out thus far. According to Hoops Hype’s 2024 Draft Workout Tracker, San Antonio has met with the following prospects:

• Zaccharie Risacher, JL Bourg
  • Tidjane Salaun, Cholet
  • Dillon Jones, Weber State
  • Jamal Shead, Houston
  • Trentyn Flowers, Adelaide (Australian NBL)
  • Tristen Newton, UCONN
  • Antonio Reeves, Kentucky
  • Boogie Ellis, USC
  • Jesse Edwards, West Virginia
  • Tristan Enaruna, Cleveland State
  • Aaron Estrada, Alabama
  • Blake Hinson, Pittsburgh
  • KJ Jones, Emmanuel (NCAA D2)
  • JT Toppin, New Mexico (withdrew from the draft)

Who the hell is KJ Jones? I get interested when I see players from D2 being scouted. You never know who might develop into something.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Wemby working out with J Crossover :blessed:

dune-dune-part-two.gif

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Imagine passing on Sarr if he doesn't got 1 or 2 cause we have Sochan :mjcry:

People keep bytching about how they play the same position but it’d be a dream come true.

Have both those guys playing either 4/5 on defense. Completely position-less on offense.

Then grab Castle at 8 or trade up one or two spots to grab him.

:banderas:

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW

I ain’t really got any fukkin idea where the Front Office’s head’s at. I know this is a shyt draft, but…

Last edited: