To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Which PG do we draft?

The one who isn't a shooting threat but has elite size for the position, commands the offense and can lock up the perimeter- Stephon Castle

The one with insane ball handling skill, undersized but can score in bunches- Rob Dillingham

The one with size, slasher and good passer, not a shooter and has been injured most of this year- Nikola Topic

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which PG do we draft?

The one who isn't a shooting threat but has elite size for the position, commands the offense and can lock up the perimeter- Stephon Castle

The one with insane ball handling skill, undersized but can score in bunches- Rob Dillingham

The one with size, slasher and good passer, not a shooter and has been injured most of this year- Nikola Topic
I'm nervous about a guy who has size for the position but can't shoot. Just off the description alone that sounds an awful lot like Ben Simmons. I'm open to reading a more detailed scouting report on Stephon Castle though.

The guy with great ball handling but undersized? I'm interested, sure. Especially because the Spurs have a ton of guys who are seemingly afraid of contact. And it would be refreshing to get a perimeter player who can drive to the basket and draw fouls -- especially in close and late game situations. I fear that Dillingham will forever be a defensive liability though -- and good god, given how bad the Spurs have been defensively this year, do we really want to go down that path again?

Nikola Topic might be ideal if he slipped a few picks, and if we still had Chip Engelland. But I think the Spurs probably pick too early to take a shot on him.

Honestly, this draft doesn't seem to have any clear stars. I don't think the Spurs trade down because they have to get SOMEBODY to pair with Wemby. But in any other draft, trading back would be a decent idea.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I'm nervous about a guy who has size for the position but can't shoot. Just off the description alone that sounds an awful lot like Ben Simmons. I'm open to reading a more detailed scouting report on Stephon Castle though.

The guy with great ball handling but undersized? I'm interested, sure. Especially because the Spurs have a ton of guys who are seemingly afraid of contact. And it would be refreshing to get a perimeter player who can drive to the basket and draw fouls -- especially in close and late game situations. I fear that Dillingham will forever be a defensive liability though -- and good god, given how bad the Spurs have been defensively this year, do we really want to go down that path again?

Nikola Topic might be ideal if he slipped a few picks, and if we still had Chip Engelland. But I think the Spurs probably pick too early to take a shot on him.

Honestly, this draft doesn't seem to have any clear stars. I don't think the Spurs trade down because they have to get SOMEBODY to pair with Wemby. But in any other draft, trading back would be a decent idea.
Have you been watching the NCAA tourney? Castle has been playing well but teams are sagging off and daring him to shoot it. He made Alabama pay a few nights ago but we'll see what happens tonight.

I've been rotating my order these 3 all year. Right now I have Castle leading the pack due to his recent play in the tournament and his size. His form isn't bad but the release needs to be fixed. Ideally, I'd like us to trade for Trae Young and draft a SF.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you been watching the NCAA tourney? Castle has been playing well but teams are sagging off and daring him to shoot it. He made Alabama pay a few nights ago but we'll see what happens tonight.

I've been rotating my order these 3 all year. Right now I have Castle leading the pack due to his recent play in the tournament and his size. His form isn't bad but the release needs to be fixed. Ideally, I'd like us to trade for Trae Young and draft a SF.
No, I haven't been watching the tournament.

That's a fair criticism. I've been so focused on baseball right now.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Which PG do we draft?

None. We're drafting for positional need in that instance instead of BPA (and honestly, this draft is so suspect I don't even know who that would be now). Trade back or trade for a vet PG. But if we do take one of the above, Dillingham simply because we can't have a lineup with two guys who can't shoot (Sochan will be the other).

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Which PG do we draft?

Trade for Trae and draft Sarr