To risk or not to risk: making my heart complicated edition

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Girl I had interest in for a while told me she was talking to someone when I finally asked her out. Was devastated but promised myself I wouldn't give up. Any of you ladies ever been stolen away from another man? Would sending her flowers at her job be a good idea if she's just talking to someone and didn't say it was her boyfriend? Would being too confident help or hurt me? Should I just move on or keep waiting and hoping the right time does eventually come along? Or just say fukk it, I already told her how I felt, might as well show her?

Last edited:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Would be good to get some clarity about how serious it is. I'm talking to someone is an interesting choice of words, she could have said I'm seeing someone...

I say go for it but don't think of it as stealing because that is wrong. What you are doing is adding yourself to the list of interested men. She is a single woman who is courting suitors. She will choose in the end and may the best man win. Good luck :thumbsup:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Would be good to get some clarity about how serious it is. I'm talking to someone is an interesting choice of words, she could have said I'm seeing someone...

I say go for it but don't think of it as stealing because that is wrong. What you are doing is adding yourself to the list of interested men. She is a single woman who is courting suitors. She will choose in the end and may the best man win. Good luck :thumbsup:

Not that serious really. It might be all just me. Her best friend used to work with me and I would see her when she would come by to visit her or they both come on their off time. I would bug her friend about her constantly. She either thought I was too old for the girl or just didn't want it to happen, who knows. Would make small talk here and there. I don't really see her too much but she stops by on occasion. I only see her at my job tho. I had interest always but never pursued anything, guess I was too shy. Found out where she works after seeing her back in the fall. Physical therapy place, which I actually had gone to another branch a few years prior but didn't mention it. But didn't say anything then. Requested her on IG later on but that didn't lead to anything. Kept bugging the girls at work about this girl and telling myself that next time would be the right time. I finally got the courage to say something on Wednesday. Saw her and said hi in passing. Waited for her to get her stuff and start walking out. Caught up with her and walked her out. Told her after asking how she was and work was going, "this may seem random but I can't keep passing up the chance to tell you how I feel and that I would like to take you out on a date". She said she was talking to someone and I just felt devastated. Could've been confident and said something else but my mind wasn't thinking right. Said oh man, ok just let me know if it doesn't work out. Then walked back inside.

Felt much different than approaching a random woman and hearing she has a boyfriend since I had genuine interest in her. A girl at work told me about the flower idea and I was like maybe for her birthday but that's all the way in October, who knows what may happen by then. I think at this point I just have to keep praying that something happens and that I can just move on if nothing does. I don't even know why I let it get this far. Maybe there was never a right time, maybe it hasn't come yet. Maybe she's not the one.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
If you are thinking this much about her maybe you should send flowers. Say something casual like "Let me know if it's serious" or "too bad" or "I hope it's not serious"...

Not that serious really. It might be all just me. Her best friend used to work with me and I would see her when she would come by to visit her or they both come on their off time. I would bug her friend about her constantly. She either thought I was too old for the girl or just didn't want it to happen, who knows. Would make small talk here and there. I don't really see her too much but she stops by on occasion. I only see her at my job tho. I had interest always but never pursued anything, guess I was too shy. Found out where she works after seeing her back in the fall. Physical therapy place, which I actually had gone to another branch a few years prior but didn't mention it. But didn't say anything then. Requested her on IG later on but that didn't lead to anything. Kept bugging the girls at work about this girl and telling myself that next time would be the right time. I finally got the courage to say something on Wednesday. Saw her and said hi in passing. Waited for her to get her stuff and start walking out. Caught up with her and walked her out. Told her after asking how she was and work was going, "this may seem random but I can't keep passing up the chance to tell you how I feel and that I would like to take you out on a date". She said she was talking to someone and I just felt devastated. Could've been confident and said something else but my mind wasn't thinking right. Said oh man, ok just let me know if it doesn't work out. Then walked back inside.

Felt much different than approaching a random woman and hearing she has a boyfriend since I had genuine interest in her. A girl at work told me about the flower idea and I was like maybe for her birthday but that's all the way in October, who knows what may happen by then. I think at this point I just have to keep praying that something happens and that I can just move on if nothing does. I don't even know why I let it get this far. Maybe there was never a right time, maybe it hasn't come yet. Maybe she's not the one.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If you are thinking this much about her maybe you should send flowers. Say something casual like "Let me know if it's serious" or "too bad" or "I hope it's not serious"...
yeah you right on that.

I should say, my condolences on you being with someone else. But I'm not that much of a savage. I should say that next time a random turns me down tho. :troll:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
flowers breh? :snoop:. Don't push it but tell her if her and dude ain't exclusive then there's no problem why she can't see you. Then date her, don't spend over $20 on the first date tho. Keep it cool, don't simp, don't be calling and texting this chick every day all day. Just ask questions on the date. Let her do all the talking. Share a lil bit about yourself here and there but not too much. Get sexual.

Don't ask her about the dude or anyone else she's seeing, act like they don't even exist breh.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
If she I just talking to someone, she is single.

Ask her out on a date.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, stop taking advice from younger females ( :heh: ) they will have you simping out your entire soul. You fighting for a chick you know nothing about and honestly would you really want to deal with a chick that would entertain another dude when she's dating someone else? Think she won't do that to you? Plus like I said you don't even really know her. I can see if she was an ex but all this for a new chick? She may be bat shyt crazy and this new dude is doing you a favor. I wouldn't be mad if you kept tabs on her, but going full out trying to win her from this new dude is lame as fukk.

Daps
imo...based in her response I would have to say move on as well. Telling a guy you have a bf is a common way to tell a guy no nicely without any trouble or bs or she could really have a bf and not interested in "friends" lol either way if she wanted to give you some play she probably would've dropped a hint or something...no sense in chasing someone who doesn't wanna be chased...holla at her friends instead :shaq:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
What @Ms.CuriousCat said, when im single, I might "talk" to different dudes, basically date and get to know. However, im not in a rush to get serious, since Im not exclusive to anyone yet. If a guy really makes me feel wanted and special, I usually end up with him because he's showing he values me and doesn't want to share/is offering exclusivity.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What @Ms.CuriousCat said, when im single, I might "talk" to different dudes, basically date and get to know. However, im not in a rush to get serious, since Im not exclusive to anyone yet. If a guy really makes me feel wanted and special, I usually end up with him because he's showing he values me and doesn't want to share/is offering exclusivity.
:ohhh: