To keep things simple: Xbox doesn't have any upcoming "exclusives" period

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Y'all have to remember that Microsoft doesn't want Xbox division. Phil has to make profit and the only way is to release titles on PC as well. You don't make money on hardware.

It's not that they don't want the Xbox division, it's simply that they get far more revenue from entrenching gamers then the sp that's been an industry standard for 30 odd years. Make it system wide pc + Xbox with minimal maintenance and portability and you just doubled rev with no effort.

plus, they know their real base doesn't really give a shyt.

only question now it's, will the base continue to ride with ms's vision. :manny:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
It's not that they don't want the Xbox division, it's simply that they get far more revenue from entrenching gamers then the sp that's been an industry standard for 30 odd years. Make it system wide pc + Xbox with minimal maintenance and portability and you just doubled rev with no effort.

plus, they know their real base doesn't really give a shyt.

only question now it's, will the base continue to ride with ms's vision. :manny:

It's the future of gaming. Cross platform play and service.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't need an $500 Xbox to play Anthem either. The point is they showed nothing to make someone run out and buy a Xbox X.

A Ps4 Pro is $100 cheaper. Hell, one can buy a ps4 AND an Xbox 1 S for the same price and still not need a Xbox 1 X. Adding the PC into the mix with how easy it is these days makes this even worse for Microsoft.

The people that are buying a ps4pro are/should be the same people wanting to purchase a xbx, the ps4pro never was about the games. You could by a ps4 for cheaper and play the same games.

The xbx targets the same crowd, but offers more than the pro with a 4k player and upgrades to older and newer games.

Its a premium gaming system. Multiplats will and should run better on it 100 percent of the time.

So the crowd its targeting shouldn't even have second thoughts on purchasing it.

Unless they are stans.

I wouldn't purchase a xbx without a proper 4k tv, but if it did I would see more benefit than I would out of a ps4pro.

All in all, this is actually a mid gen software leap which the ps4 pro wasn't, it was like a semi leap. And people jumped on that as soon as preorder's went up as well as VR.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Not a problem for me at all. Need to ask other people.

I assume for some people who been Xbox fans for a long time, they are now asking themselves why buy an Xbox if everything will be on PC.
The thing is, considering Triple A titles are just as important to gaming... the majority of Xbox and PS4 consumers have not been stressing out on this "it's better on pc" question in the least bit.

So why would that change when it comes to X1 exclusive titles?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The people that are buying a ps4pro are/should be the same people wanting to purchase a xbx, the ps4pro never was about the games. You could by a ps4 for cheaper and play the same games.

The xbx targets the same crowd, but offers more than the pro with a 4k player and upgrades to older and newer games.

Its a premium gaming system. Multiplats will and should run better on it 100 percent of the time.

So the crowd its targeting shouldn't even have second thoughts on purchasing it.

Unless they are stans.

I wouldn't purchase a xbx without a proper 4k tv, but if it did I would see more benefit than I would out of a ps4pro.

All in all, this is actually a mid gen software leap which the ps4 pro wasn't, it was like a semi leap. And people jumped on that as soon as preorder's went up as well as VR.

Problem is that MS did a TERRIBLE job of convincing people to buy it with the games they chose to showcase. When cats saw that many of those were indies and multiplats, they didn't care. To have the power the system has and showcase games that looked like they could run on the regular versions of these consoles was a fail.

MS has a GAMES problem, specifically exclusives. If they had exclusives that showed how beastly a machine the XBX was, the sentiment that the conference was not good wouldn't be what it is right now.

They are 3 gens in and are severely lacking in exclusives man. That's unacceptable at this point.

And cats thinking that this shyt should have been 399 are fukking delusional. 499 is great for what you are getting. But again, the games they showed killed them. And unfortunately and apparently the price too (which I don't have a problem with).

And if the ps pro runs at checkerboarded 4k30 vs native 4k30, the differences aren't gonna be enough. Cats will run with the pro since they'll have the additional incentive of having Sony exclusives available that they can't get on PC. Even now the pro is a niche machine, the xbx will be even MORE niche.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I say it's about the games because with the Pro, there's still the games that are only on PS4 that if one wants to see in it's best fidelity it's either a PS4 Pro or nothing. With Xbox, you can see Forza, Halo, Gears RIGHT now on a PC. Furthermore, you're not limited to 30fps either since the XB1X still is not strong enough to push 60fps also at 4K for all titles.

Uh, PS4 Pro upgrades older and newer games as well. even VR games are upgraded.

That's not a safe bet. If a game is CPU bound then it will run at the same performance most likely than Xbox 1 give or take. The power is really in making games run at native 4K most of the time, not boosting from 30 to 60fps(unless game is GPU bound.)

Unless they are stans.
k

This isn't entirely true, you have a PS4 Pro? There's not a big difference between a game at Native 4K and 2160c(c=checkerboard). I have a PC and I do comparisons and I'd bet most people can't tell. hell, the guys at Digital Foundry who counts pixels for a living literally said so themselves and they've been hands on with all these techs much more than any of us.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Now that the hypes died down for me, I went from 'take my moneyyyy' to 'No Halo, No Care'. Basically, I haven't made up my mind on getting an XBX. I don't even have a 4K TV.