To all the married men: Did you ask for her parents blessing before proposing

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is the tradition still that the man ask the mom or parents for their blessing before he pops the question. For the married men or the ones who have been married, did you ask her parents for their blessing

on a sidenote a man should never hear the answer "no" when proposing because the topic should have been discussed before hand and every man should already know what his girl is going to say

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
i show the pops a video of rocky training in the meat locker and tell that nikka "that's what I do to your daughters guts." :birdman:

concise

Veteran
Daps
:leostare:

Are you really supposed to ask or tell him? :heh: I mean, it's not 1613 anymore.

What can he really do if he says no? :heh:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:leostare:

Are you really supposed to ask or tell him? :heh: I mean, it's not 1613 anymore.

What can he really do if he says no? :heh:

thats why i made this thread, to find out if the married guys on here asked for the blessing from the parent. I dont know if its something that is still done

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
It's a pretty meaningless formality these days but it's largely dependent on the girls relationship with her father.

If you're at a point where you're fixing to marry a girl you should instinctively know whether or not its appropriate.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a pretty meaningless formality these days but it's largely dependent on the girls relationship with her father.

If you're at a point where you're fixing to marry a girl you should instinctively know whether or not its appropriate.

once again, this thread is for the married men or those that have been married im asking "if" they did

i dont care to hear the opinions of those never married...i already know what im going to do

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
once again, this thread is for the married men or those that have been married im asking "if" they did

i dont care to hear the opinions of those never married...i already know what im going to do

:shaq2: If you don't want unmarried men to comment in the thread then rephrase the premise.

You asked two separate questions and the first question didn't appear to fall under the condition that you're now insisting on.

And you don't have to be married to have a meaningful perspective on this but cool I'll leave you to it.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
You looking for men of honor on the coli? :heh:

Most of these nikkas only had weddings cause she missed her period and child support is a destroyer of worlds.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shaq2: If you don't want unmarried men to comment in the thread then rephrase the premise.

You asked two separate questions and the first question didn't appear to fall under the condition that you're now insisting on.

And you don't have to be married to have a meaningful perspective on this but cool I'll leave you to it.

the thread title says "to all married men" and then i specify or men that have been married

thanks

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Yeah I did out of pure respect. If my wife wasn't cool with her pops I probably wouldn't have done so.