To all the married men: Did you ask for her parents blessing before proposing

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
! a!nt never been marr!ed but ! was engaged & d!dnt talk to pops about sh!t, but he does l!ve !n Arizona & !ll be damned !f !m go!n all that way just to ask perm!ss!on to keep bang!n out h!s daughter when !m go!n to no matter what he says....

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
! a!nt never been marr!ed but ! was engaged & d!dnt talk to pops about sh!t, but he does l!ve !n Arizona & !ll be damned !f !m go!n all that way just to ask perm!ss!on to keep bang!n out h!s daughter when !m go!n to no matter what he says....

ever heard of a phone:comeon:

but then again maybe your attitude is why you didnt make it pas the engagement part:comeon:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Me and my mother in law are and have been hella cool from the jump so she actually gave me her blessing before I even thought about popping the question.

I kinda more so told her Dad. It wasn't me asking for his blessings.

It was more like, "I'm going to marry your Daughter, You cool with that? :ld:"

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Yeah, I did, but the circumstances were a lil different.

Her father was in her life but in a limited capacity so he had no "jurisdiction" on the matter. Instead, I "ran" it by her mother, grandmother and younger brother (since he was the "man" of the family). Notice that I didn't ask shyt bc, as the OP said, my wife and I already discussed marriage at length prior. I wasn't about providing misplaced authority to anyone.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
ever heard of a phone:comeon:
but then again maybe your attitude is why you didnt make it pas the engagement part:comeon:

my att!tude !s a lot of !t.... she grew up r!ch, that whole facade they put up to f!t !n & look good s!ckened me, tr!ed to change my whole ex!stence from wardrobe to speech to att!tude, actually tr!ed to tell me what ! should feel about sh!t l!ke ! cant have an op!n!on, !f !m not @ a job !nterv!ew fukk that sh!t... tr!ed to abercromb!e & f!tch me out, thought she could tra!n & change me, !m no b!tches pet...

never even met her dad, he l!ves half the year !n 1 state then sw!tches to another depend!n on the weather, only comes here 1nce a year & !ts a fam!ly exclus!ve th!ng... !da never seen dude t!l AFTER ! marr!ed the ch!ck, weda probably met for the 1st t!me at the wedd!ng, ! wouldnt do th!s over the phone anyways...

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital

my att!tude !s a lot of !t.... she grew up r!ch, that whole facade they put up to f!t !n & look good s!ckened me, tr!ed to change my whole ex!stence from wardrobe to speech to att!tude, actually tr!ed to tell me what ! should feel about sh!t l!ke ! cant have an op!n!on, !f !m not @ a job !nterv!ew fukk that sh!t... tr!ed to abercromb!e & f!tch me out, thought she could tra!n & change me, !m no b!tches pet...

never even met her dad, he l!ves half the year !n 1 state then sw!tches to another depend!n on the weather, only comes here 1nce a year & !ts a fam!ly exclus!ve th!ng... !da never seen dude t!l AFTER ! marr!ed the ch!ck, weda probably met for the 1st t!me at the wedd!ng, ! wouldnt do th!s over the phone anyways...
Your posts give me a headache. keyboards are cheap.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
her mom loved me from the get go but i proposed too my wife at walmart in aisle in front of people :whew:

the nice thing bout it was it snowed right afterwards and i went to her mom house and asked for her blessing which she gave me and was really happy bout it :win:

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
I couldn't ask her father since he's no longer living but I asked her uncle, grandma, and her older brother. They all gave me their blessing.