TMZ: Kanye Is Burning Through Money... Headed Towards Financial Ruin? (UPDATE-ADIDAS DROPPED HIM)

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
His billion dollars networth was an estimate based on how well he did with his adidas deal in 10 years.

He only gets like 5 mill a year from his music catalogue

Y’all fell for Kanye propaganda and Forbes trying to get clicks.
He owns Yeezy in its entirety. In his partnership with Adidas he gets royalties. West retains 100% ownership of his brand while having full creative control over the products released. That’s how he pushed past billionaire status :gucci: In 2020, sales for the sneakers reached nearly $1.7 billion in annual revenue, netting Yeezy $191 million in just royalties.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He owns Yeezy in its entirety. In his partnership with Adidas he gets royalties. West retains 100% ownership of his brand while having full creative control over the products released. That’s how he pushed past billionaire status :gucci: In 2020, sales for the sneakers reached nearly $1.7 billion in annual revenue, netting Yeezy $191 million in just royalties.
:dahell:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power

you trolling?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
His billion dollars networth was an estimate based on how well he did with his adidas deal in 10 years.

He only gets like 5 mill a year from his music catalogue

Y’all fell for Kanye propaganda and Forbes trying to get clicks.

Forbes lists him at 2 bill net worth :comeon:

#1,433 wealthiest dude on planet Earth :ufdup:

I often wonder do people who say "Forbes listed him as" even read the article...it was was the most condescending piece I've read from a financial publication ever. Forbes has never put a 10 year horizon multiplier on any other Billionaire's annual earnings. Quite frankly I'm surprised they did it because it devalues THEIR reputation.

Ye isn't a Billionaire. The reason he and others clamor for it is because being known as, simply opens more doors for you financially off speculation alone. He was begging Zuckerberg for 50 million 4 years ago. Elon, Bezos, and a gang of other Billionaires aren't touching their stock which is what most of their valuation is tied up in. They get lines of low interest credit they borrow from with their stock as collateral simply because they have a "billionaire" valuation.

Please stop believing the hype.

"fukk a valuation, show me personal funds..." - Drake.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Y’all CACy as hell with all the Kanye not a billionaire talk :what:
It's so weird multiple reputable financial institutions list him as one but the armchair experts would swear he isn't.

Ffs yeezy itself makes up 8% of adidas annual revenue, and is valued at around 3 to 4 billion.

Last edited:

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
It's so weird multiple reputable financial institutions list him as one but the armchair experts would swear he isn't.

Ffs yeezy itself makes up 8% of adidas annual revenue, and is valued at around 3 to 4 billion.
Not even 10% so you wrong from jump

Why you caping so hard for a c00n?

Hi there

Adidas revenue is 30 billion

Yeezy makes them 1.7 billion

He only makes 5% of their revenue.

Adidas officially announced they’re reviewing his contact.

I don’t read Forbes I only read The Economist and Financial Times for finance

I’m not sure where on earth he was gassed up that only (5%!!) of revenue means fukk all especially in the fact his behaviour has the ability to stain the actual brand (their most valuable asset)

5% of revenue for a huge global consumer brand is NOTHING (!!!) they can recoup that by adding more to their marketing budget.

His main sales market is also the USA. They are a legit multinational conglomerate with different lines across different languages markets etc.

In Asia all the adidas stores have Asian models and celebs for example. They are bigger than Kanye West. Their brand being partnered with a racist and antisemitism is a stain that impacts their entire brand NOT just the little 5% revenue generator

It’s utterly bizarre that people think a company would ruin themselves for an American rapper over 5% of revenue

It was in Kanyes delusional that he wrote ‘I own adidas’.

No he isn’t so important if he was unlike Nike never give him a salary.

Nike refused to give him a yearly salary and they point blank said NO and no the ‘Yeezy shoe’ isn’t important enough for them to negotiate with him.

Adidas is a global conglomerate which was founded in 1949! and it’s bizarre you can’t realise that. They have stores in every language and every global market.

No rapper Kanye in the USA won’t tank a global brand. They were very generous to Kanye compared to all the other brands offered him

Them being generous is GOOD. They’ll be easy to partner with anyone else. In any other area (sport for example). I don’t know make a soccer themes shoe range with 10+ shoes with one of the huge global soccer players. That’ll net them billions also

He needs THEM not vice versa because Nike etc don’t want him nor do they think he is worth it

Adidas will be just fine. 5% of revenue is pennies!

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Adidas annual revenue is around 20b yeezy is around 2b of that, so 8 to 10%.

No their global revenue is 30 billion

Kanye’s highest number has been 1.7 billion but fyi that wasn’t his yearly average

Kanye a crazy tweet that he owns adidas

They’re reviewing his contract

Now they’ve proven to be generous partners they should do a like of 10-12 shoes with C Ronaldo I can assure you’ll it’ll gross FAR more in global sales vs any Yeezy line as his sport is bigger globally and his rep is ‘clean’.

Adidas will report higher and higher revenues with or without yeezys

It’s silly to think otherwise