TLOU2 Factions officially cancelled

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Well someone lying they said a couple times things were going well. All it is the group now thinks mp is beneath them oh well

An alpha can go well the mechanics/features can go well, but the content isn’t there models assets, environment, etc. :yeshrug: After the Alpha build, problem is as you’re dealing with a lot more teams and stakeholders.

Like I said earlier they probably got punked into making this a GaaS which means they’re supporting this for a min of 3 years, so more dev time and live dev teams to tool up. ND probably planned to make a one-off MP game, but once Sony stepped in and said hit the GaaS, ND realized they weren’t about that life.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
:blessed:

Good! More resources for TLOU3 and whatever the fukk else they cooking up. fukk multiplayer!
They already used the resources. Taking too long and ultimately failing to complete a simple task Sony gave them ain’t a good thing for future ND games :ld:

Superstar
Daps
They already used the resources. Taking too long and ultimately failing to complete a simple task Sony gave them ain’t a good thing for future ND games :ld:

As much money as their single players make, I don’t think SONY gives that much of a fukk. Now all the crying over factions can stop and we can look forward to the next single player product. We’ll live.
:manny:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
My thing is....it wasn't even vaporware! They had alpha code up and running and nikkaz playing the shyt!

You that far along and just say fukk it?

Even adding what they did to TLOU2 remastered next month woulda been fine.

Goofy as fukk.

Execs stay fukkin shyt up.

I think its safe to assume Factions is already done, they release that with TLOU 2 remaster.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I doubt its that popular. Probably a couple thousand players maximum. Just because there is an active population <> the game is popular.

There's still old shooters from +10 years ago with active populations, and then theres shyt like Apex or Fortnite doing +300k concurrent players.

Another Factions game would not have been competitive in today's market without going BR or extraction.

A lot of players don't mean it's a good game though. Sexxy Red got 3 million followers, that don't mean she's good.

Probably not popular, but Factions is good, no matter how you spin it. I'll also say it doesn't get as many people because the community is hardcore and not kid friendly.