TK Kirkland ask Kendrick to turn down the Super Bowl and let Cash Money perform šŸ§ āš ļø DJVALD interview

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Because that info wasn't available until recently.

I seen a ton of articles saying the NFL and/or the city chooses the performer. Did not even seen anyone say it was Jay personally, until this morning.

Fred.

An article came out a week ago proving that the "city chooses" is a lie breh

People just want to hate Wayne :manny:

Much of the confusion rests on whose decision this ultimately was, as people are placing the onus on a combination of Roc Nation, the NFL and the city of New Orleans itself. Jay Cicero, president and CEO of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation and a Super Bowl LIX Host Committee member, offered some clarity in an email to Andscape: ā€œIt is the NFLā€™s decision alone for all entertainment for the Super Bowl. We found out about it at the same time everyone else did this past weekend.ā€

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TK was in Baller Blockin movie so ofc he gonna said this

It's Superbowl, not hip-hop tour for NO.

Seriously, what are hip-hop well known songs that Lil' Wayne can perform at the Super Bowl to get everybody gets hyped?
Facts, Wayne ain't got the mainstream pull to do a Superbowl halftime. He would need Drake to feature to pull it off successfully

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Funeral sold 138,000 first week and Carter V sold 480,000

Carter V vastly outsold Mr. Morale.

Lil Wayne canā€™t sell out a show since when?

This year. Last year. The ticket information is readily available. He has multiple shows this month and later in the year that are not close to sold out. Including in New Orleans.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
An article came out a week ago proving that the "city chooses" is a lie breh

People just want to hate Wayne :manny:

Much of the confusion rests on whose decision this ultimately was, as people are placing the onus on a combination of Roc Nation, the NFL and the city of New Orleans itself. Jay Cicero, president and CEO of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation and a Super Bowl LIX Host Committee member, offered some clarity in an email to Andscape: ā€œIt is the NFLā€™s decision alone for all entertainment for the Super Bowl. We found out about it at the same time everyone else did this past weekend.ā€

A week ago?
q3rB2c3.png

This is from January:

So the league starts with popular performers who appeal to as many people as possible and goes from there. However, itā€™s not the NFL that chooses who takes the stage. The league comes up with a short list, but the host cities pick the Super Bowl halftime performers.

The info that the city is responsible for the decision has been all over the internet for years. So I don't know if it was recently changed, or what.

Fred.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts, Wayne ain't got the mainstream pull to do a Superbowl halftime. He would need Drake to feature to pull it off successfully

Right, but I still think even though he brings Drake still ain't enough though. And people look at Drake differently now than he was since he lost the battle to Kendrick Lamar.

If I was Kendrick Lamar, I would bring Juvenile where he could perform Back That Ass Up.

Daps
Reppin
Seattle/Tacoma
TK was in Baller Blockin movie so ofc he gonna said this

It's Superbowl, not hip-hop tour for NO.

Seriously, what are hip-hop well known songs that Lil' Wayne can perform at the Super Bowl to get everybody gets hyped?
This what I've been wondering this whole time. What songs these people think wayne has that fit for a super bowl performance. They think "she lick it like a lollipop" gonna go over well for the biggest tv event of the year?? People dumb as hell

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
A week ago?
q3rB2c3.png

This is from January:

The info that the city is responsible for the decision has been all over the internet for years. So I don't know if it was recently changed, or what.

Fred.
Did you even read the article above? lol.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
This is an extension of that Peter Pan syndrome you see in a lot of older heads.

You can tell that they thought the glory days would go on forever. Accepting that Lil Wayne is a washed, irrelevant, junkie means accepting that their era is over.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This what I've been wondering this whole time. What songs these people think wayne has that fit for a super bowl performance. They think "she lick it like a lollipop" gonna go over well for the biggest tv event of the year?? People dumb as hell

Right.