Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just watched this October Faction show on Netflix and it started off promising af until i realized that they made the only black or blackish main character gay af along with his darkskinned boyfriend and im like...

“Again...:stopitslime:

This show, the Sex Education show, Arrow, the Daybreak show, even fukking Star Wars trying to make Finn gay...

Like they’re really trying to push this unapologetically

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Not even gonna lie, I watched The Good Liar a few nights ago. The movie didn't end up being good but I noticed that 1 of 2 black characters in the entire movie was gay. And for no reason either, nikka had like 2 minutes total of screentime :dead:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Gay-sploitation.

Sub-par project becomes critically acclaimed if you add gay characters or lbgtq theme.

Gay people exist, gay Black people exist but after decades of acting like they didn't, hollywood is going overboard. It's exploitation and when the wave passes, perhaps Black LGBTQ folks will see it for what it was.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Even gay people notice it

It takes away from our masculinity. Explained this in another thread today. Media images compounded over time change social perception. Despite black people being oppressed socially, were still viewed as the most desirable sexually. People are trying to change that narrative. It's consciously done, but I'm debating if it's being done systemically...

While I think media representation is important, there is no parity. It's black gay man after black gay man. Kinda sad there's a segment of the population who going along with it wholesale, because it's not being done to empower it's being done to lowkey ridicule. Hopefully the black gay community realizes that it's not being done to celebrate them.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Because it is killing two birds with one stone. Black and gay.
Also they don't have to create a story for them because their "gayness" makes them interesting.

They are usually the character the straight character goes to talk about relationship problems

Netflix too much on this bullshyt that it is problematic.

Yes and it is a fetish. Think about who runs hollywood, Gay/closet straight white males.