Tipping really shows people's true colors

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i usually always leave a tip because the people that typically depend on them have shytty jobs in a lot of cases that some of which make under minimum wage because they're supposed to make it up in tips. if a low wage cat has a mediocre attitude i totally understand it cause look at the job they work. shyt wouldn't make you happy either.

tipping isn't some fukking cookie you dangle over people's head to make yourself feel important or over them IMO. the only way i'd not leave a tip is if somebody straight up acted an ass. them not having that servant type attitude doesn't matter.

everybody doesn't have a rosy disposition or temperament. most people look for reasons not to tip cause they're cheap and selfish. if the service is shytty i typically still leave a small tip and not return.

manning2nicks

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I totally co-sign this - if the service sucks they'll get the bare minimum out of my pocket. best believe they'll learn a lesson once they see a $3.00 tip on a 65.00 check. I do it based on service, I'm not running around giving out free money - you do your job well i'll be generous. You don't, enjoy your 3 dollars and have a nice life...Tip your bartenders though. real talk!

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
If it's not up to par, the bare min I tip is 10%. Some fakkits don't deserve the tip though OP pause.

Empty restaurant and takes 15 min to be seated, waiter socializing w/ coworkers, 30 min for check to come in after waiter says he or she is going to get it:beli: I only ONCE did not tip.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
images

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't tip because I'm not subsidizing the companies overhead.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't tip because I'm not subsidizing the companies overhead.

So the company is evil for transferring its labor expense on to the customer. Ok. But if everyone had your attitude, the only victim there would be the servers. Seriously the only statement you're making is "I couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but myself." Say they should have worked harder to get a better position in life or whatever, but the point is someone has to serve tables in restaurants, and they will always be paid on the tip system. Face it, it's just an excuse to hoard your extra $5 instead of accepting the system you KNOW is in place and you won't ever change just by being an a$$hole. We all know even if restaurants paid high hourly wages to servers, and tips were purely out of good faith, you'd still never tip, because it was never about an ethical stand against the corrupt restaurant industry, it's just about you being cheap.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So the company is evil for transferring its labor expense on to the customer. Ok. But if everyone had your attitude, the only victim there would be the servers. Seriously the only statement you're making is "I couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but myself." Say they should have worked harder to get a better position in life or whatever, but the point is someone has to serve tables in restaurants, and they will always be paid on the tip system. Face it, it's just an excuse to hoard your extra $5 instead of accepting the system you KNOW is in place and you won't ever change just by being an a$$hole. We all know even if restaurants paid high hourly wages to servers, and tips were purely out of good faith, you'd still never tip, because it was never about an ethical stand against the corrupt restaurant industry, it's just about you being cheap.

:mindblown: what kind of horseshyt is this

they require tips cause they arent even paid minimum wage, the issue is with government not forcing them to pay 7.50

serving IS NOT hard work, and most of them are average, i tip decent service but the idea that it should be "required" is absurd

the villain is the restaurant itself

resurrection

Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:mindblown: what kind of horseshyt is this

they require tips cause they arent even paid minimum wage, the issue is with government not forcing them to pay 7.50

serving IS NOT hard work, and most of them are average, i tip decent service but the idea that it should be "required" is absurd

the villain is the restaurant itself

That's what companies do. If they suddenly starting paying $12/hr to servers and stopped asking you to tip, they'd just mark up the prices of the food to cover labor costs. Deal with it, every company is making crazy margins on everything you spend your money on. Companies make money on REVENUE, from customers. If they don't get it from you one way, they'll get it another. bytching about tipping seems so trivial when you pay hundreds for shoes made in sweatshops, $10 for a sub you could have made at home and tastes the same, etc. I mean seriously. At least you KNOW if you leave a tip, it's going to a server who needs it. But I mean keep bytching about that extra few dollars when the margins you're handing over to ANY company every time you pull out your wallet would probably make you puke if you dug into their books

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I often tip except for pizza deliveries cause of the charge but I won't lie...I'm selfish.

Nobody told you to be working that job :manny:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
it does. i don't really understand what's so hard about throwing a few extra dollars towards someone that gives you good service. you can talk about the companies and all that but at the end of the day, the only person you're really hurting is the person that served you. if you don't tip, i would suggest not eating out or buying drinks at the bar. it's how they make their living and you want to get into some sort of proxy war with the companies at the servers' expense. if you really wanted to send a message, you just wouldn't eat out or purchase drinks, not purchase them and send money directly into the company's pockets while not giving the person who served you a tip...

resurrection

Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
it does. i don't really understand what's so hard about throwing a few extra dollars towards someone that gives you good service. you can talk about the companies and all that but at the end of the day, the only person you're really hurting is the person that served you. if you don't tip, i would suggest not eating out or buying drinks at the bar. it's how they make their living and you want to get into some sort of proxy war with the companies at the servers' expense. if you really wanted to send a message, you just wouldn't eat out or purchase drinks, not purchase them and send money directly into the company's pockets while not giving the person who served you a tip...
Exactly "ohh the restaurants are evil so I don't tip" yet you pay for the food, which is revenue for the restaurant, and ignore the tip, which the restaurant would never see to begin with? Way to make a statement. If you go out to eat, you are putting money in the evil restaurant's pocket, so stop making it out like you're making an ethical stand against them. If you were logically consistent, you'd still leave the tip but walk out on the check. Not tipping doesn't hurt the restaurant at ALL, just the server.

Besides, I want GOOD service when I go out. a$$holes like y'all demotivate otherwise good servers and make them not want to put any effort in, making my experience suck. fukk y'all

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
really? another discussion on this tipping shyt?

leave a tip if you were satisfied and the server was good, if not then either leave the bare minimum tip or don't tip at all. simple.

I don't tip dominos, those muthafukkas charge $2 for delivery on top of tax. I don't tip them.