Tim Duncan plus Dirk Nowitzki's unstoppable shots in a bigger, greater athlete? (Wilt Chamberlain)

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I remember debating with somebody on here about 2 years ago regarding the "Dirk" fadeaway. I told the muscle headed niqqa that Wilt was the first 7 footer that I saw doing the so called "Dirk". The "Dirk" is really the "Wilt", but you know how thIngs go, the new generation behave like they invented it all. It's just recycled brehs. Pay homage to Wilt da Gawd. @dantheman9758 thank you for providing the proof for my claim.

Last edited:

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first one-leg fadeaway I've seen on film is actually done by the same guy Kareem credits for his skyhook. George Mikan. Basketball fundamentals go WAY back. The more I've learned about basketball history the more I've come to realize all the moves you see today can usually be traced back to as long ago the sport has been captured on film. I used to buy into that "Eurostep" stuff for example and thought it was brought over by Euro players than I saw Elgin Baylor do it, then I saw footage of Tommy freaking Heinson do it and some guy does one in the 1954 NBA all star game reel that the NBA recently released. I think it was Jim Pollard.

Check out Mikan do a one-leg fadeaway at 5:18

I think a lot of the fundamentals of the game were sorted out a long time before the sport became a big time professional sport. College basketball and small scale pro leagues were a big thing throughout the first half of the 20th century, even if it was a different game a lot of the isolation moves and some team patterns are effective regardless.