Tim Duncan plus Dirk Nowitzki's unstoppable shots in a bigger, greater athlete? (Wilt Chamberlain)

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The sky hook is the single greatest shot in basketball and nobody uses it because it's not "pretty"

:beli:

Wilt was the man though.
The fadeaway is also nearly impossible to defend especially in the hands of bigger players, but I don't disagree I think Kareem's shot trumps it because he's basically shooting the Mikan drill layup (so less moving parts). Out to a certain range it probably goes in marginally more often than a fadeaway would so is a great post shot, and is just as difficult to contest. I don't even think hook shots aren't pretty, hook shots in the hands of the greatest hook shooters look smooth af I don't know where that ugly shot stigma comes from.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fadeaway is also nearly impossible to defend especially in the hands of bigger players, but I don't disagree I think Kareem's shot trumps it because he's basically shooting the Mikan drill layup (so less moving parts). Out to a certain range it probably goes in marginally more often than a fadeaway would so is a great post shot, and is just as difficult to contest. I don't even think hook shots aren't pretty, hook shots in the hands of the greatest hook shooters look smooth af I don't know where that ugly shot stigma comes from.
It's just not a pretty shot to a lot of people. You do it on the court and people think it's corny.

But it doesn't make sense to me.
If you have a shot that's completely unblockable, why wouldn't you shoot it?
Especially all these PFs and Centers in the game who are mediocre players.

I mean RA dikkey and Tim Wakefield were on their way out of MLB and they turned to the knuckleball to save their careers. And the knuckleball isn't an unstoppable pitch, but the point is they tried whatever it took to keep playing.

If you're 6'10 or some shyt and getting like 5 points a game...why wouldn't you work on a hook shot? Because you've obviously proved you can't post anybody up for shyt.

:pachaha:

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just not a pretty shot to a lot of people. You do it on the court and people think it's corny.

But it doesn't make sense to me.
If you have a shot that's completely unblockable, why wouldn't you shoot it?
Especially all these PFs and Centers in the game who are mediocre players.

I mean RA dikkey and Tim Wakefield were on their way out of MLB and they turned to the knuckleball to save their careers. And the knuckleball isn't an unstoppable pitch, but the point is they tried whatever it took to keep playing.

If you're 6'10 or some shyt and getting like 5 points a game...why wouldn't you work on a hook shot? Because you've obviously proved you can't post anybody up for shyt.

:pachaha:
It's literally just the Mikan drill, master it up close... than do it successively further out, it's incredibly simple to practice hook shots. I actually think a lot of players do practice the Mikan drill though I don't know how far out they take it. Some players I see take hooks are Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Howard, Montijunas. There's prob more. Not sure any players right now have made it their pet shot. Like, Bob Lanier, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Artis Gilmore had great hooks that were frequently relied on in the course of a game. I think Hakeem has been teaching guys hook drills in his camps I seem to recall seeing a video of Amare practicing them with Hakeem. Don't know if it ever worked out for him