TIL that the average fast food worker is 26 and female

King Poetic

R.I.P. GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
A lot of people need to stop projecting what others need to do with their lives..

If that person is content working at fast food place or retail place and getting a check why would u put them down..

That person money could be stacked up , bills paid up, no debt, etc etc and they dont want to move up or drive to do anything else..

Live your life

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
people are funny some times

who exactly are supposed to do physical labor(alot of them still pay well)

it's like if you're not white collar, you're not valuable or something.

Nobody said this.

There's plenty of none degree low skilled jobs that pay a living wage. Was talking to ole boy up the street and he got in with Walmart warehouse making $21/hr.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
A lot of people need to stop projecting what others need to do with their lives..

If that person is content working at fast food place or retail place and getting a check why would u put them down..

That person money could be stacked up , bills paid up, no debt, etc etc and they dont want to move up or drive to do anything else..

Live your life
Exactly.

Veteran
Daps
No it doesn’t. Not even close

OK, but they still need schooling right? I don't know anybody who can walk right in and interview for a system admin job with no education or experience of supporting, troubleshooting, and maintianing computer servers and networks.

I do know plenty of people who can walk in and flip a burger though

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Damn so they should be easy to smash?

Finna go pull up to my nearest McDs :shaq:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Nah. Flipping burgers ain't no $25/hr job. It's not a career you're supposed to work your entire life.

They need to move up to management/business side or move to better ventures
It's a job that needs to be done. If the employer doesn't pay the person enough to live, the person goes on government assistance, effectively subsidizing the employer. Privatize profit, socialize loss. It's bullshyt.

Veteran
Daps
It's a job that needs to be done. If the employer doesn't pay the person enough to live, the person goes on government assistance, effectively subsidizing the employer. Privatize profit, socialize loss. It's bullshyt.

Of course. But if you want better pay, you have to learn a valuable skill. Did your parents not tell you that?

I'm not sure why ya'll keep arguing this. I mean why stop there, why not pay everybody the same exact wage, say $35/hr. That's fair and we all work 40hrs/wk right?

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Of course. But if you want better pay, you have to learn a valuable skill. Did your parents not tell you that?

I'm not sure why ya'll keep arguing this. I mean why stop there, why not pay everybody the same exact wage, say $35/hr. That's fair and we all work 40hrs/wk right?
Nobody's saying skilled labor isn't worth more, we're saying no company should have its wages subsidized by the taxpayer. Fast food and retail are notorious for this. They should be required to pay people enough to live in the area they work.

Veteran
Daps
Nobody's saying skilled labor isn't worth more, we're saying no company should have its wages subsidized by the taxpayer. Fast food and retail are notorious for this. They should be required to pay people enough to live in the area they work.

You get paid what you are worth. It's been that way since the beginning of time. That's not hard to understand.

I wasn't raised with a silver spoon in my mouth. My checks was $600 every 2 weeks. Did what I had to and tripled that.

Unless they have mental or health issues, there are zero excuses for a mid 20s adult to be stuck in a fast food job. Something to get on their feet? Ok. But begging for higher wages ain't it. Get up and get an employable skill.