TIL that the average fast food worker is 26 and female

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Now you’re moving the goal posts….

I'm not sure why y'all are making this so difficult. The job market pays you based on skill, it has always been that way.

High skill = high demand and high compensation.

A 13 yr old can flip burgers after 1 day of training. They would need 4 years of hard training to take a full time Network Admin.

There's plenty of warehouses that pay $22 - $26/hr starting. Also Construction laborers get paid good too. Why not go that route if you really need money?

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Learn a skill in demand and you'll be paid 3x minimums wage. What's wrong with that?
You don’t know their situation man. I know you think you’re wise but you don’t know shyt. The sooner you realize that and accept it like a man and really learn about the world you will be a better person.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm not sure why y'all are making this so difficult. The job market pays you based on skill, it has always been that way.

High skill = high demand and high compensation.

A 13 yr old can flip burgers after 1 day of training. They would need 4 years of hard training to take a full time Network Admin.

There's plenty of warehouses that pay $22 - $26/hr starting. Also Construction laborers get paid good too. Why not go that route if you really need money?
why are you so against FF workers making money and/or making it their career?

You seem so threatened by them everytime this topic comes up. You claim you aren't, but you sure as hell seem hell bent they don't get paid a livable wage.

Veteran
Daps
You don’t know their situation man. I know you think you’re wise but you don’t know shyt. The sooner you realize that and accept it like a man and really learn about the world you will be a better person.

I worked at Walmart making $8/hr on 32 hour weekz. I was in the same shoes as all fastfood workers. Went to community college on a pellgrant. Now I'm making $60k.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
I got out the military with disability and using my GI bill and was a manager at a fast food joint :yeshrug:

I got a home girl who does ski patrol and search and rescue and works at a pizza place in the off season

You never know, that breh/brehette behind the counter might just wanna stay busy fr.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I worked at Walmart making $8/hr. I was in the same shoes as most fastfood workers. Went to community college on a pellgrant. Now I'm making $60k.
Good for you. Some of them are on the same journey some are not what don’t you understand about that. Life is a path of many roads and some have paths that aren’t clear or easy to walk down. I was blessed with amazing parents and a great community. I understand my privilege even as an AA in this racist country and try to help others.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Fast food restaurants are open all day (i.e. during school hours) but people still ignorantly have this idea in their head that those jobs are only for teenagers or that only school kids work there so it’s no point in paying them livable wages.

People have anchored this on that fast food has a very low barrier of entry, for many people it was their first stop in the workforce...so that means that the majority of it's workforce HAD to be nothing but HS kids.

Veteran
Daps
Good for you. Some of them are on the same journey some are not what don’t you understand about that. Life is a path of many roads and some have paths that aren’t clear or easy to walk down. I was blessed with amazing parents and a great community. I understand my privilege even as an AA in this racist country and try to help others.

There's really no excuse for a young adult to not learn a valuable skill unless they have health problems.

It's really simple, work that fast food job and learn a skill on the side. Not saying its easy, I was working 8 hour days then going to school at night. From 8 am to 7pm my entire days were gone.

Never once did I hope for a raise or was expecting one. I learned a valuable skill and that's what helped me move up.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Fast food restaurants are open all day (i.e. during school hours) but people still ignorantly have this idea in their head that those jobs are only for teenagers or that only school kids work there so it’s no point in paying them livable wages.

why do you guys always make this argument?
fast food is a 16-21 yr olds job not a career

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I worked at Walmart making $8/hr on 32 hour weekz. I was in the same shoes as all fastfood workers. Went to community college on a pellgrant. Now I'm making $60k.
A lot of people don’t have that kind of drive, breh. They just want to get into a slot and go. Nothing wrong with it though but yeah, can’t compare your hustle to someone else’s, we’re all in our own lane.

Salute on getting that $60K

Veteran
Daps
A lot of people don’t have that kind of drive, breh. They just want to get into a slot and go. Nothing wrong with it though but yeah, can’t compare your hustle to someone else’s, we’re all in our own lane.

Salute on getting that $60K

I wouldn't even say I was hustling, else I'd be making a lot more. I just knew I needed more money and didn't want to be stuck at a dead end job.

With how high shyt is though, I'm tryna make $80k this year.:wow: