Tia Mowry files for divorce after 14 years of marriage

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
What's the alternative?

Now you only get to see your children half the time. And you have to deal with the fact that potentially a new man/woman is going to be in their lives and have influence on them. And if you think that's not a big deal, then you are naive.

Once you make the decision have children with somebody, it's no longer about you. You had all those years by yourself to be selfish. Now it's about your family and kids. Marriage isn't about happiness. It's about responsibility. And it's your responsibility to be happy, not your partner's. Happiness is an emotion. Emotions can literally change in a matter of seconds. Not something you should use when making drastic decisions.

You probably aren't happy at work right? So what you just gonna up and quit the moment you aren't happy anymore? Nope. You still get up every morning and handle your responsibilities. Same thing applies here. Unless there is infidelity and/or abuse, why are you breaking up your home?

That unhappy relationship that you saying folks should stay in because they have kids has the potential to impact the kids just as worse as you and your partner going your separate ways.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
That unhappy relationship that you saying folks should stay in because they have kids has the potential to impact the kids just as worse as you and your partner going your separate ways.
Again that is lazy. Accepting that you are unhappy and blaming another is lazy. If you are unhappy, then do the work to correct it. At least try. Get therapy, become self aware, do something. But most women just knee jerk react and say, "I'm not happy and it's his fault, I'm out."

You owe it to yourself, your children and your spouse to do some work. Problem is people are too lazy especially when they feel like it's other people's responsibility to make them happy. You signed the contract that stated "For better or worse"

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Again that is lazy. Accepting that you are unhappy and blaming another is lazy. If you are unhappy, then do the work to correct it. At least try. Get therapy, become self aware, do something. But most women just knee jerk react and say, "I'm not happy and it's his fault, I'm out."

You owe it to yourself, your children and your spouse to do some work. Problem is people are too lazy especially when they feel like it's other people's responsibility to make them happy. You signed the contract that stated "For better or worse"

Sometimes none of that shyt works. People go to therapy and still cant fix their relationship and once again staying in a fukked up situation can be just as worse for the kids then separation. You also keep zeroing in on one partner, both people can be unhappy then what........ Fight like cats and dogs in front of the kids, til one of yall hurt each other or snap

Sound like you live in a fantasy world to me with this absolute thinking you have. Every situation is different and its not a guide or book to relationships some times shyt doesn't work out

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes none of that shyt works. People go to therapy and still cant fix their relationship and once again staying in a fukked up situation can be just as worse for the kids then separation. You also keep zeroing in on one partner, both people can be unhappy then what........ Fight like cats and dogs in front of the kids, til one of yall hurt each other or snap

Sound like you live in a fantasy world to me with this absolute thinking you have. Every situation is different and its not a guide or book to relationships some times shyt doesn't work out
If you think most couples go to therapy before divorce, then you are the one living in a fantasy.
Studies have found that roughly 75-80% of married couples that attempt therapy are successful.
Same studies found that roughly only 10% of divorced couples even attempted therapy prior to divorcing.
Dr. John Gottman conducted a study and found that on average, couples wait about six years after being unhappy to seek therapy. That's not good enough.

So if you aren't even willing to try, then I will call you a homewrecker, man or woman. But 70% of divorces are filed by women. And 80% of divorces are filed under No-Fault/Irreconcilable Differences.

Make that make sense. :jbhmm:

What I am trying to say is there is not some unknown supernatural unstoppable force that makes people want to split. Everyone needs to be accountable for their actions or lack thereof. One thing consistent with long lasting, happy couples is they will tell you it's work. You have to put in work instead of sitting back and waiting to feel happy again. Problem is most people today are lazy and too prideful.

You don't just "Stay in a fukked up situation"
You either work to better it or leave. Most people just accept their fate and leave

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo πŸ•ŠοΈ11-20-2014πŸ•ŠοΈ
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
I still want to know what happen. He hit her, cheated, or talked out the side of his neck?

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Is this a woman who was fully CHECKED INTO the marriage? :sas2:

f23a4146fdea67d7c5d74c32118125f3

e361a10087fc2ff940f0b178def7b875

dbany87qpux81.jpg

Y’alls energy was very very different when Ayesha Curry was doing similar :sas1:

Aha!

Where was her husband while she was taking these pics? Working hard for the family or passed out from drinking? πŸ€”

Anyway, those are the eyes of a woman who is desperate for attention. Imagine being married and posting pics like this for ANYONE. Not a side nikka - ANYONE.

Wow.

Superstar
Daps
That's he's tired. Also seems like she wants to lead based off this little clip but who knows
that's a lot to assume. in the lil 4 minute clip below they reasonably start speaking when it sounds like the other is done just like in the cropped IG clip
she was speaking. he started speaking. he'd gone on for about a minute, paused, she started speaking and he continued & told her to let him finish.

@ 1:29 she interrupts him about being in love with him and he starts blushing. i think people are reading more into things. i do not think he's an abusive, alcoholic Ike Turner, and she's not tryna wear the pants.

if he's honest there was no cheating i can see them trying to work it out

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
What should wise women who are married to cheating men do instead?

Try to save their marriage and their family?

If woman divorced just because the man cheated (outside of some crazy circumstances like family members and all that), it means she was looking for a pretext.