Threads has 50 Million new signups in 1 day; took Twitter 2 years to reach that total

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
One was back in the day, one is in modern age. Threads also has the blessing of IG, you can accidently get signed up without knowing, plus a ready made consumer base with Twitter users being ready to jump.

With all that being said, if there was someone who can make a successful app, it's probably Meta. They have a good track record.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:lolbron: I guess the same people clutching on to twitter did that with myspace back in the day

not recognize obvious waves brehs

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
how is threads going to handle the influx of onlyfans girls posting themselves playing with themselves or sucking dikk or the violence videos that twitter has

Particular reasons why I dont use twitter much, personally. But I also understand that majority of twitter users on there to escape the PG/"cleanness" of IG.

Is Meta going to look away on some of the shyt that theyd normally ban on facebook/ig ?
Considering how tied to IG this new platform is, I imagine it would be hard to do that.

Plus Meta is all about collecting data and advertisements. Pretty much the only reason why they are profitable. If they didn't censor, they wouldn't have ads, but would be much more popular like TikTok and what Twitter used to be. But the latter two are not very profitable given their popularity in use.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
:sas1: name drop something comparable in the first 24 hours?

This is like a studio dropping a blockbuster film
they're taking the existing 2 billion user base of Instagram and throwing them in the threads account. The celebs and reporters have been in there for the past two weeks.
Meta/Facebook/Instagram is a household name the minute the news came out that their twitter clone was dropping people were foaming at the mouth ready to download it.
it's basically a Nepo baby :mjlol:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
This is not how business works!!!

If people flock to your product and your product currently sucks and you have not shared roadmap then that entire flock will leave and not come back.
All mega corps do this same mistake, they prefer being early to the market rather than a good product.
Meta needs to fix the problems with Threads quick or people will get bored and stop using it.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I kinda feel like Elon just wants to make Twitter the MAGA/right wing app…it’s the only thing that makes sense at this point.
:pachaha: aint gonna be nothing but right wingers, sex workers, and cash for gold scams on that bytch next year