Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished Physical 100 season 1 and it's decent, but the show starts to fall apart near the last couple of episodes. I think its refreshing to see how supportive they are with one another because that most likely wouldn't happen on a western show that is similar to this. I think that's the same reason it gets a bit tiring because I think it needs to have a bit more drama and whatnot.

The finale was awful imo and the games were just boring, and I have no clue why they went out like that when other games were much better beforehand. Also, it's nice that it's co-ed, but it really feels like female contestants don't stand a chance. I feel they should have 2 winners like 1 male and female because it just feels female contestant have no shot winning the solo stuff in the later rounds.

The show has potential, but I think they need to add better variety and some of the games just aren't that good of a watch for TV. I think they ended up having too many endurance games, and I am surprised they didn't add more stuff to show off agility. Lastly, I think they needed more balance between individual and teamwork gaems, but I get it since some woudln't go through without it.

Just some nitpicks, but overall a solid watch. I will probably watch season 2 in the future

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Some J-Dramas I'm watching & watched....

Quartet - 3 Mics

I'm not to familiar Japanese drama at the moment, so it was really hard for me distinguish with what was meant to be comedy & serious in this show, i did like parts of the show but over all it wasn't for me.

First Love (I'm only 4 episodes in)

crying-sad.gif

Yeah this is different here, Netflix got 1 with this, everything about this show is just right....acting, the soundtrack, the score & even got Japanese Dilla making some ILL beats :wow:

This going to be 1 of my favorites...
That quartet rating

:francis:

The show was hilarious. Sakamoto Yuji is one of my favourite scriptwriters. He made Mother which everyone else adapted. Woman, Soredemo Ikite Yuku in which Hikari Mitsushima appeared in. And he wrote Saikou no Rikon. Towako Omameda and her 3 ex husbands which Matsu Takako (Maki Maki) stars.

The show comments on a lot of tropes and aspects of culture that are not desirable. Like the piano man, Alice and the mother. He plays up the comedy with unpredictability of drama.

For example, this lemon scene below is peak comedy.

It's actually hilarious that our ratings for these two Hikari shows are flipped. I made it to episode 6 of First Love and couldn't keep going. It was awful to me. Meanwhile I gave Quartet a 10. Although it's probably a 9 after rewatching.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Finished up another Kimutaku series in Beautiful Life. Show was good for the first 6 episodes or so and then they didn't have a way to push the story forward. I was recommended this show as it was on a list of the saddest J-Dramas and it wasn't really that. Unlike 1 Litre of Tears we hardly get an explanation of what she's afflicted with and the degradation of her health was confined to one episode.

The last 20 minutes of the show got me.

:mjcry:

---

Another show (Unmet) I just started is about a neurosurgeon that got into an accident and her memory is limited to 1 day. She remembers things before the accident, but she uses a journal to document her life and updates at the hospital she works at.

Already episode 1, and they kleenex gang is in effect. This is going to be special. It was a big winner of the galaxy award as well.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Watched the first 3 episodes of Physical 100, and the show is entertaining. I still don't understand some of these picks because it seems very ego driven and unwise if you're trying to win. I wonder if Netflix is going to expand this show to other regions

Yo on season 1 or 2

Cuz S2 is :whoo: and. :mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Finished S1. Going to start S2 eventually. Is S2 better?

Significantly and some of the challenges are just outright not even fair :mjlol:

Which makes this season even more hilarious:russ:

I don’t wanna say more to not spoil…. But get back to me once you watch it…. You’ll see what I mean

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Was pretty okay, payoff felt worth it to me. Thought it shoulda been longer tho, flesh out the characters a bit. Buying Cheo been in the game more than 15 was :beli:

Definitely needed to be more episodes, hard to pull off a story line like this with 3 40 Minute episodes & 1 50 minute episode.

I had a problem with the lighting in some episodes too but over all it was a cool show.

3.25 Mics.

Left open for season 2 so hopefully they'll improve on it.

But Disney+ >>> Netflix for Kdramas & it's been like that for a while.

Disney really pushing different storylines while Netflix playing the numbers game & producing romance shyt.

Will give The Frog a start next week though, hopefully Netflix come through with it.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Definitely needed to be more episodes, hard to pull off a story line like this with 3 40 Minute episodes & 1 50 minute episode.

I had a problem with the lighting in some episodes too but over all it was a cool show.

3.25 Mics.

Left open for season 2 so hopefully they'll improve on it.

But Disney+ >>> Netflix for Kdramas & it's been like that for a while.

Disney really pushing different storylines while Netflix playing the numbers game & producing romance shyt.

Will give The Frog a start next week though, hopefully Netflix come through with it.
What are some Disney+ shows you'll reccommend? I've only watched the worst of evil, and that show was great