thoughts on the movie American History X ?

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Haunting..One thing I always wondered is what Derek does after his brother is murdered...Does he pull a deja vu and go back to hate... Does he grieve with his moms+sister... Does he blame himself for not being there to stop the shyt his father started and he kept goin

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Good flick. That curbing scene was unsettling though. Just a movie though. I doubt Shorelines were really beefing that serious with Skins in Venice if at all. Would have been more believable if it was Venice13 and Shorelines. Good flick regardless. Norton has quietly built quite a resume.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haunting..One thing I always wondered is what Derek does after his brother is murdered...Does he pull a deja vu and go back to hate... Does he grieve with his moms+sister... Does he blame himself for not being there to stop the shyt his father started and he kept goin
read this a while ago :ehh:

Well in the alternative ending, as Danny speaks the quote, the kid who shot him in loaded into a police truck, Danny's corpse is loaded into an ambulance, and there is the pricincpal, the Jewish teacher, and the students with their heads hung low.

The next scene goes to the apartment where detectives are trying to comfort the grieving mother and sister of Danny. The mother talks about how he was such a sweet boy, corrupted by the cruel world, and the older sister trying to fight back the tears, lights up a cigerette.

The camera pans away from the living room of the apartment and travel down the hallway to the closed bathroom door. The scene cuts to a view of the bathroom sink, which is filled with hair and an electric razor next to it. Then there is a view from behind Derek, who is rubbing his head with a towel. When he removes the towel his head is shaved clean. He stares at himself in the mirror for a moment staring at the swastika on his chest. He then pulls a pistol out of his pocket and cocks it, and looks in the mirror with the same sick smile he had when he was arrested for the murders.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
read this a while ago :ehh:

Well in the alternative ending, as Danny speaks the quote, the kid who shot him in loaded into a police truck, Danny's corpse is loaded into an ambulance, and there is the pricincpal, the Jewish teacher, and the students with their heads hung low.

The next scene goes to the apartment where detectives are trying to comfort the grieving mother and sister of Danny. The mother talks about how he was such a sweet boy, corrupted by the cruel world, and the older sister trying to fight back the tears, lights up a cigerette.

The camera pans away from the living room of the apartment and travel down the hallway to the closed bathroom door. The scene cuts to a view of the bathroom sink, which is filled with hair and an electric razor next to it. Then there is a view from behind Derek, who is rubbing his head with a towel. When he removes the towel his head is shaved clean. He stares at himself in the mirror for a moment staring at the swastika on his chest. He then pulls a pistol out of his pocket and cocks it, and looks in the mirror with the same sick smile he had when he was arrested for the murders.

Damn :wow: It fukks with you either way don't it ...On one hand some would say if he went and got payback how can u blame him based on what just happened to his brother...And the other way it reads if he kills again what about everything he just went thru and said he was done with?? It would feel like he didn't learn nothin while he was locked up all those years like it was just shock from getting out and thrown back in the world

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite scene was when he was leaving jail and he goes to his black friend and says

"You know what... I think the reason I'm getting out of here in one piece is you"

And the black cat knows it too but doesn't wanna show emotion and says something in the lines of "Cause of me? You think I'd risk my life for a whiteboy? You just make sure you take care of the brothers aight? THE BROTHERS"

:wow: