"This What Happens When the Knicks Run the Show" Official '24-25 NY Knicks Pre-Season Thread

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Resident Old Head Checking in!

fukk I-Hart, he's gone. I wish him well and thank him for his service. But I hope y'all not gonna lament his loss all season. He's just a role player, relax. He's the Lebron of the role players y'all loved like Jorts, Hernangomez, and Kuz. But a role player nonetheless, so please....chill LOL.

KAT: *Takes 1st shot as a Knick* :takedat:

K-ZOE: WHYYYYYYYYYY?? :why: Maaannn I see I'ma have problems with this nikka...

KAT: *Drains 30 foot 3 pointer all net* :takedat:

K-ZOE: :dahell::whew::ehh:............:obama:

Deuce looking like he ready for another leap....

Jericho :snoop: This kid need a mean streak. He probably vegan. Somebody get him a rare steak or he heading to Korea soon.

I go back to 85 with my fandom and as far as this being the best Knick team since the 73 chip, maaaaaaaaaan.......that might be true. This may be the most complete Knick team I can recall. I've seen good Knick squads but we're alway missing something. We'd have all the pieces except a PG (Post Mark Jackson Ewing era). We'd be undersized (Melo era). Unathletic (Kurt Thomas at center era). This team is solid to serviceable at all 5 positions. Health and heart will determine how far they go.

What is this Marcus Smart shyt I'm hearing? fukk Marcus Smart.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Like an undeniable contender. I just imagine running horns sets with Brunson as the ball-handler and I-hart/Towns setting screens to either side of him. That's an impossible challenge to guard.

But, the new CBA means that most likely was impossible even if Hart took the paycut. I'm pretty sure we'd have hit the second apron and been too limited to pull off the KAT trade. But I'm not a cap expert.
They probably dump Mitch in that scenario. Or just swap him to CHA for Nick Richards.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
That fresh new car smell on a thread...:banderas:

Anyone I did not tag, please reply to this message so I can add you now.
For some reason, every year, I miss people and Knickas be throwing trashcans through my window on some Mookie shyt. :aicmon:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-27592-1367337399-9.gif

Updates:

@Anerdyblackguy You've been added, breh:salute:
@Peter Popoff You're been added, knicka :aicmon: :russ:

@Ripp Got you, breh

@Knicksman20 My humblest of apologies:to:
i died for this moment:to:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The good news is that even though the CBA screwed us, it's hitting everyone pretty hard, and the Knicks seemed like the most prepared to capitalize on the rule changes. The league basically said "screw all the games" and made things impossible for everyone. But Brock Aller set New York up to jump in and snag everything they could while landing just below the second apron. They got OG, KAT, and Mikal all thanks to teams worrying about the cap implications of the second apron.

So, hopefully, this new CBA turns out to be an advantage. New York's core is pretty much set (the last piece being a move for a reliably healthy center). A lot of teams will have tough choices to make in order to keep the pieces they have, and most teams won't have many paths to improvement if they manage to keep current rosters together.
But now it’s on yall to find cheap guys that can replace those stars when it’s time.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Actually, yea, I need an answer...

What would a line-up of Brunson, Mikal, OG, Towns, IHart look like?

Got my 2 Way Inside the Arc Maestro in 2k that's all rebounding, rim protection and Playmaking to fill that void. I'll let you know.

We got have dynasty. We don't need him. :mjcry:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Charlotte wanting Mitch was only in case Mark Williams couldn’t play basketball

MSG security is TSA for real.

The security is only tight cause it’s free and they expect broke people to come through. Unless you’re on the no fly list they are equivalent to Barclays.