"This What Happens When the Knicks Run the Show" Official '24-25 NY Knicks Pre-Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Would IHart have worked with Towns?

:mjcry:

fukk.

This is the mormon nikka we are supposed to send Mitch and 2 firsts out for???
FOH.

I was watching a Twitter clip and it looks like he got fat over the summer and he was playing way slower. Basically Ainge fukked up trying to rob people again.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actually, yea, I need an answer...

What would a line-up of Brunson, Mikal, OG, Towns, IHart look like?
Like an undeniable contender. I just imagine running horns sets with Brunson as the ball-handler and I-hart/Towns setting screens to either side of him. That's an impossible challenge to guard.

But, the new CBA means that most likely was impossible even if Hart took the paycut. I'm pretty sure we'd have hit the second apron and been too limited to pull off the KAT trade. But I'm not a cap expert.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Like an undeniable contender. I just imagine running horns sets with Brunson as the ball-handler and I-hart/Towns setting screens to either side of him. That's an impossible challenge to guard.

But, the new CBA means that most likely was impossible even if Hart took the paycut. I'm pretty sure we'd have hit the second apron and been too limited to pull off the KAT trade. But I'm not a cap expert.
we would have had to move Mitch in a salary dump via a three way trade. So lowkey they probably would have sent him to Charlotte for second rounders.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

we would have had to move Mitch in a salary dump via a three way trade. So lowkey they probably would have sent him to Charlotte.
You know...

And I know it isn't some conspiracy to "fukk the knicks" but it seems we always are being affected by rule changes right when it is the first time we'd have been able to take advantage of established systems, rules, provisions in this league.
It's upsetting but, fukk it.

I'm still optimistic about our future.

Also, with the way we've scouted talent, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to find the next IHART.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Thanks CJ dumbass hated the Warriors so much he screwed the league over:snoop:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You know...

And I know it isn't some conspiracy to "fukk the knicks" but it seems we always are being affected by rule changes right when it is the first time we'd have been able to take advantage of established systems, rules, provisions in this league.
It's upsetting but, fukk it.

I'm still optimistic about our future.

Also, with the way we've scouted talent, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to find the next IHART.

The good news is that even though the CBA screwed us, it's hitting everyone pretty hard, and the Knicks seemed like the most prepared to capitalize on the rule changes. The league basically said "screw all the games" and made things impossible for everyone. But Brock Aller set New York up to jump in and snag everything they could while landing just below the second apron. They got OG, KAT, and Mikal all thanks to teams worrying about the cap implications of the second apron.

So, hopefully, this new CBA turns out to be an advantage. New York's core is pretty much set (the last piece being a move for a reliably healthy center). A lot of teams will have tough choices to make in order to keep the pieces they have, and most teams won't have many paths to improvement if they manage to keep current rosters together.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
The good news is that even though the CBA screwed us, it's hitting everyone pretty hard, and the Knicks seemed like the most prepared to capitalize on the rule changes. The league basically said "screw all the games" and made things impossible for everyone. But Brock Aller set New York up to jump in and snag everything they could while landing just below the second apron. They got OG, KAT, and Mikal all thanks to teams worrying about the cap implications of the second apron.

So, hopefully, this new CBA turns out to be an advantage. New York's core is pretty much set (the last piece being a move for a reliably healthy center). A lot of teams will have tough choices to make in order to keep the pieces they have, and most teams won't have many paths to improvement if they manage to keep current rosters together.
Exactly. Lowkey a lot of teams got either gutted like the Nuggets or the owners are trying to sell like we saw with the Mavs or now with the Celtics. They got so mad at KD going to the warriors they essentially hard capped the league and just messed up every bodies money except superstars.