This UFO sighting still always trips be out

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It was later exposed that there had been UFO hysteria going on all over the country that week (a Russian satellite had burned up on reentry, and the Zimbabwe news reported it as a UFO), and the kids had literally been discussing UFOs in class the day before the "sighting".

In the incident, about 20 kids out of 250 who were out on the playground claimed they saw some Black men with dreds playing next to a shiny object about 700 feet from the school and called it a UFO. A white UFO enthusiast rushed in and spoon-fed the kids stories about what they had seen. Two months later, a Harvard UFO-obsessed hypnosis guy came and fed them more stories. It wasn't until AFTER the Harvard guy came, a full two months after the original sightings, that the children's stories started involving ESP and a secret message from the aliens and the need to save the planet (Harvard guy was an environmentalist), and that's also when the stories shifted from the majority of kids saying they saw a black man with dreds to the majority of kids saying they saw little gray hairless aliens like on TV. That's also when they started talking about multiple UFOs, about the UFOs flying in (flying was never mentioned in 90% of the original stories), etc.

It's basically like all those Satanic child-abuse hoaxes from the 1980s that came from kids getting brainwashed by bad interviewers who started convincing them to say things they hadn't actually seen. Kids are really, really easily manipulated.

Also the kids have always been portrayed as some middle-of-nowhere "African" kids, but it was actually a rich private school and most of them were white, as you can see in the picture. This was the 1990s and they all had TVs and had watched plenty of UFO movies and TV shows.

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
It was later exposed that there had been UFO hysteria going on all over the country that week (a Russian satellite had burned up on reentry, and the Zimbabwe news reported it as a UFO), and the kids had literally been discussing UFOs in class the day before the "sighting".

In the incident, about 20 kids out of 250 who were out on the playground claimed they saw some Black men with dreds playing next to a shiny object about 700 feet from the school and called it a UFO. A white UFO enthusiast rushed in and spoon-fed the kids stories about what they had seen. Two months later, a Harvard UFO-obsessed hypnosis guy came and fed them more stories. It wasn't until AFTER the Harvard guy came, a full two months after the original sightings, that the children's stories started involving ESP and a secret message from the aliens and the need to save the planet (Harvard guy was an environmentalist), and that's also when the stories shifted from the majority of kids saying they saw a black man with dreds to the majority of kids saying they saw little gray hairless aliens like on TV. That's always when they started talking about multiple UFOs, about the UFOs flying in (flying was never mentioned in 90% of the original stories), etc.

It's basically like all those Satanic child-abuse hoaxes from the 1980s that came from kids getting brainwashed by bad interviewers who started convincing them to say things they hadn't actually seen. Kids are really, really easily manipulated.

Also the kids have always been portrayed as some middle-of-nowhere "African" kids, but it was actually a rich private school and most of them were white, as you can see in the picture. This was the 1990s and they all had TVs and had watched plenty of UFO movies and TV shows.
well damn

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

In the incident, about 20 kids out of 250 who were out on the playground claimed they saw some Black men with dreds playing next to a shiny object about 700 feet from the school and called it a UFO. A white UFO enthusiast rushed in and spoon-fed the kids stories about what they had seen. Two months later, a Harvard UFO-obsessed hypnosis guy came and fed them more stories. It wasn't until AFTER the Harvard guy came, a full two months after the original sightings, that the children's stories started involving ESP and a secret message from the aliens and the need to save the planet (Harvard guy was an environmentalist), and that's also when the stories shifted from the majority of kids saying they saw a black man with dreds to the majority of kids saying they saw little gray hairless aliens like on TV. That's always when they started talking about multiple UFOs, about the UFOs flying in (flying was never mentioned in 90% of the original stories), etc.

:camby:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yea this one is likely true. No way a bunch of kids that young conspire to a ufo sighting without actually seeing something

The young kids did see something - some Black men with dreds next to a van about 700 feet away. They freaked out about it because they had been talking about UFOs all week and hysterical kids can convince themselves of anything. But most of the "weird" stories about the incident didn't come in until obsessed UFOologists Cynthia Hind (a day later) and John Mack (two months later) came in to "interview" the kids and convince them they had seen more than they did.

Here's a copy-paste from previous threads about the incident:

The majority of kids who made statements originally said the "alien" they saw was one or more long-haired Black men. The van's wheels were probably hidden by the long grass and it was reflecting the midday sun, and these men were almost certainly were wearing sunglasses, which at 750 feet away would have looked like large eyes.

"We saw a black man running around."

"I didn’t see the spaceship but I saw the little black guy, he looked - he was all black, and it looked like he had long hair."

"The hair was a bit like Michael Jackson, and they had on a black suit."

"It almost looked like a real person except it was fairly plump... At first I thought it was just some boy from the compound playing around, but... it looked more like our hair, it wasn’t curly. That thing almost looked like a hippie."

"And I saw a black man, he was just in black, and he had big eyes... I thought it was an alien, and then I thought maybe it was the gardener or someone."

"I saw the little black men. They had longish hair and it was all black. And they had big black eyes, that’s all I saw.

"We saw two people. One had long black hair, the other one was bald, and they both had large eyes."

"He looked like, definitely not a human... He had a big head and big black eyes and was dressed in a black bodysuit, tight fitting... [Arms and legs] like a human’s but he definitely didn’t look like one, his head was much too big."

"We saw some people - a white one, a red one, a black one. The black one was sitting on the spaceship."

And here are some drawings those kids made of the sighting:

d-taraa_orig.jpg
d-unnamed025.jpg
d-unnamed027_orig.jpg
d-unnamed028.jpg
d-orianaf_orig.jpg
d-unnamed032_orig.jpg
d-emilyb_orig.jpg
d-clairer_orig.jpg
d-unnamed011_orig.jpg

That is nothing like what was reported later.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The young kids did see something - some Black men with dreds next to a van about 700 feet away. They freaked out about it because they had been talking about UFOs all week and hysterical kids can convince themselves of anything. But most of the "weird" stories about the incident didn't come in until obsessed UFOologists Cynthia Hind (a day later) and John Mack (two months later) came in to "interview" the kids and convince them they had seen more than they did.

The majority of kids who made statements originally said the "alien" they saw was one or more long-haired Black men. The van's wheels were probably hidden by the long grass and it was reflecting the midday sun, and these men were almost certainly were wearing sunglasses, which at 750 feet away would have looked like large eyes.

d-taraa_orig.jpg
d-unnamed025.jpg
d-unnamed027_orig.jpg
d-unnamed028.jpg
d-orianaf_orig.jpg
d-unnamed032_orig.jpg
d-emilyb_orig.jpg
d-clairer_orig.jpg
d-unnamed011_orig.jpg

This is cool and all but their recollections hold more credibility

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is cool and all but their recollections hold more credibility

Their first stories the day after the incident hold MUCH more weight to me than the stories they tell years later after the UFOologists told them what to think.

For the first two months, NONE of the kids said a single thing about hearing pro-environment ESP messages. Then an American hypnosis expert who loves environmentalism and UFOs visits them and interogates them closely, and suddenly a secret ESP message about the environment is an essential part of the story? You don't find that suspicious?

First the majority of kids said they saw Black men with dreds and only a small minority said they saw the little grey men from TV. They only saw one "craft" and it was sitting in place, with 90% of the kids not mentioning it flying at all. Then the UFOologists visit, and suddenly they see multiple craft flying around carrying little gray men?

Come on now.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

d-taraa_orig.jpg
d-unnamed025.jpg
d-unnamed027_orig.jpg
d-unnamed028.jpg
d-orianaf_orig.jpg
d-unnamed032_orig.jpg
d-emilyb_orig.jpg
d-clairer_orig.jpg
d-unnamed011_orig.jpg

Some of the kids saw different things. Some saw the figure above. Some saw the typical greys. And some even claimed to have seen a figure whose face shifted into a lion. I believe the kids saw something that was supernatural that day. Their description of the craft and the general strangeness of it corroborates with a lot of other people's experiences (and mine) from across the world. Whatever these things are I don't think its necessarily extraterrestrial. I highly doubt a space faring civilization would come all the way here to spook out some kids.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This site is good for breaking down the actual evidence from beginning to end:

This site comes up with an intriging hypothesis - it turns out that the Rastafarian Thomas Mapfuno and his group were in concert near Harare that very week. A few Black rastas with dreds in a van traveling to a rasta concert is several orders of magnitude more likely than Black aliens with dreds who happen to stop by a school the exact same week as UFO hysteria is sweeping around.

Thomas Mapfuno

Thomas.jpg

d-unnamed028.jpg

d-unnamed027_orig.jpg

d-orianaf_orig.jpg

d-taraa_orig.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Some of the kids saw different things. Some saw the figure above. Some saw the typical greys. And some even claimed to have seen a figure whose face shifted into a lion. I believe the kids saw something that was supernatural that day. Their description of the craft and the general strangeness of it corroborates with a lot of other people's experiences (and mine) from across the world. Whatever these things are I don't think its necessarily extraterrestrial. I highly doubt a space faring civilization would come all the way here to spook out some kids.

Spend any significant time around children and you'll realize that a bunch of hyped-up kids telling ridiculous and contradicting stories does not mean something supernatural happened.

It just means that it's Tuesday.

The kids were already hyped up by all the UFO reporting that had hit all week and all the discussions about it at school, and then they saw something unusual and got hyped more. If it hadn't been for the UFOologists getting involved and gotten them to exaggerate and align their stories, then it would have been a blip that no one would be paying attention to anymore.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Notice that their drawings of the "UFO" vary tremendously too. Some of them look like stereotypical UFOs, but they all look like DIFFERENT UFOs, with different shapes and different lights/windows and almost nothing in common.

But the ones that don't look like UFOs.....look like a van. They depict it as bulky and oblong with big windows, often with a figure sitting on top. Since when do aliens stand on top of their UFO?

d-liselp_orig.jpg
d-liselmack.jpg
d-daniel_orig.jpg
d-unnamed007_orig.jpg
d-unnamed011_orig.jpg
d-unnamed016_orig.jpg
d-unnamed027_orig.jpg
d-unnamed032_orig.jpg
d-unnamed035.jpg
d-seanr_orig.jpg

Look at those pictures. Since when are aliens described as long-haired black guys? Since when do aliens sit/stand on top of their vehicle? Why would an alien craft have all those big-ass windows or even something that looks like a windshield?

It's hippies standing hanging out on their fukking van in the grass, breh.

arielkombivan.jpg

The ones that drew something else were just copying the most popular UFO rerun shows on Zimbabwae TV in the early 1990s.

"Invaders" TV show:
d-fungaiinvaders.jpg

"Lost in Space":
lostinspace2.jpg

Some children drawings from Ruwa:
d-fungaim_orig.jpg
d-tertiacolor_orig.jpg
d-johnw-story.jpg
d-boy4denooij_orig.jpg
d-emilybmack.jpg
d-lisel1997.jpg

A few long-haired guys, 700+ feet away, with a van parked in the long grass, the bright midday sun probably reflecting off of it so it looks like it has lights, viewed by some impressionable young kids during a week of UFO hysteria.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spend any significant time around children and you'll realize that a bunch of hyped-up kids telling ridiculous and contradicting stories does not mean something supernatural happened.

It just means that it's Tuesday.

The kids were already hyped up by all the UFO reporting that had hit all week and all the discussions about it at school, and then they saw something unusual and got hyped more. If it hadn't been for the UFOologists getting involved and gotten them to exaggerate and align their stories, then it would have been a blip that no one would be paying attention to anymore.
I don't doubt that they may have been hyped up on UFOs due to the previous reported sightings.
I just feel a certain sincerity with them. I've been around children and I myself have experienced supernatural things as a child. My personal experience doesn't account for much but I know what its like to experienced something your mind cannot quite make sense of.

Often people who've had these experiences need some type of psychotherapist to help recount what they went through. So them describing and piecing their stories together after John Mack's visit doesn't surprise me. People who've had these experiences are essentially traumatized. And its well known that trauma can cause fragmented memories. Perhaps what they described in their recounts isn't exactly what they saw but a story their minds made up to make sense of something that couldn't be explained.