This man Chris Rock said he watched Emancipation just to see Will Smith getting whipped

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Seeing the "Bigger & Blacker" on HBO Max was an instant flashback to childhood 1999, and the "No Sex In the Champagne Room" video on all day

I watched that back then, but haven't seen it since

Rock was iconic in those days.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Thought I’d find some fun jokes about the special, but triggered twitter showed up to try to suck all the fun out of the special. had to log off
Sis, literally the same here. I’m not a stand up comedy fan. Honestly lowkey hate most stand up comedy, so I just tend to stay away from it. But this, I was intrigued and watched some clips on Twitter. Was surprisingly amused. Then I started reading some comments and man people fukking suck.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Seeing the "Bigger & Blacker" on HBO Max was an instant flashback to childhood 1999, and the "No Sex In the Champagne Room" video on all day

My joint was champagne from bring the pain

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Sis, literally the same here. I’m not a stand up comedy fan. Honestly lowkey hate most stand up comedy, so I just tend to stay away from it. But this, I was intrigued and watched some clips on Twitter. Was surprisingly amused. Then I started reading some comments and man people fukking suck.
How can you not like stand-up comedy?! Are you not black and/or a woman?

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
i really hate the society we live in...like i'm fine with criticism of the event as a stand up special, feel free to hate/love the jokes, but god damn @ everyone dissecting things said in a comedy set as if they should be looked at from an academic lens of sociology and psychology...shut the fukk up.

and this especially goes for the "now he's talking crowd"...he's a comedian, the fukk you expect? they work on material about the goings on of their lives :gucci:

there's so many dummies our there who don't understand stand up comedy. social media/reaction culture made it even worse. some people act like comedians are on stage making official "statements" and not telling jokes. also, kinda unrelated, but comedy isn't supposed to be safe, or someone saying what most of the people already agree with.

"The idea of comedy, really, is not everybody should be laughing. It should be about 50 people laughing, and 50 people horrified." - Patrice O'Neal

as for the special, it wasn't Rock's best work but I still really enjoyed it.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Yeah that's a classic stand up. Never Scared in 2004 is very good too, maybe better. Way better than this last shyt he just did. Had some funny bits but he definitely lost a few steps compared to the two mentioned.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
i really hate the society we live in...like i'm fine with criticism of the event as a stand up special, feel free to hate/love the jokes, but god damn @ everyone dissecting things said in a comedy set as if they should be looked at from an academic lens of sociology and psychology...shut the fukk up.

and this especially goes for the "now he's talking crowd"...he's a comedian, the fukk you expect? they work on material about the goings on of their lives :gucci:
These weirdos are just trying to fit in, if the masses is going to be offended then they want to echo their POV.

There are even people saying he was attacking black women. Like he ain’t attack a black man too. The internet is full of retards

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
20 minutes left and still :unimpressed:
when-are-they-going-to-get-to-the-fireworks-factory-milhouse-van-houten.gif

starting to think Chris got writers cause these jokes seem half baked.

God Loves Me >>

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Coming up with a joke after getting assaulted at the Oscars is not part of the gig.

Every single joke that you see during a stand up special has been worked on for months if not years. They tell the same joke or a variation of the joke hundreds of times to different audiences until they get it right.

That’s why I don’t understand why nikkas are mad that Chris Rock is doing what he or any other comedian does in preparation for a special.

Let the brother cook and judge the special. I saw him in Atlanta last fall and it was one of the funniest experiences ever.
Comedians know how to do crowd work bruh :mjtf: that's literally one of the earlier skills you develop when you're still working small spots and getting heckled often.

And I know how specials are crafted :mjlol: you are just ignoring or ignorant to the other skills a comedian at the level of Chris rock should have. You shouldnt need a writer's room to pop shyt at a guy who just bytchslapped you. It wouldn't even be the same style of joke that you'd have to write a set up for. His stinging face was the set up