This man Chris Rock said he watched Emancipation just to see Will Smith getting whipped

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
So he's criticizing Jada for cheating...when he was cheating his own self and cost himself his marriage. And he's criticizing her for airing out family drama in public on her TV show...when he did the same on his prior Netflix special. I know we all have hypocritical moments but damn.

He’s criticizing Will for being mad for all that and ultimately deciding to take it out on him of all people

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
No one called him a bytch lol.

Maybe it was a “bytch ass” movie, or “bytch act” but nobody called him a bytch

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i really hate the society we live in...like i'm fine with criticism of the event as a stand up special, feel free to hate/love the jokes, but god damn @ everyone dissecting things said in a comedy set as if they should be looked at from an academic lens of sociology and psychology...shut the fukk up.

and this especially goes for the "now he's talking crowd"...he's a comedian, the fukk you expect? they work on material about the goings on of their lives :gucci:
What annoys me the most is the "he said / he stated", no he joked about it. It's just a punchline and question should be whether it's funny or not. People acting like Chris Rock released his official statement on lynching.

Too bad he fumbled the second to last joke but at least he recovered it nicely.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he's criticizing Jada for cheating...when he was cheating his own self and cost himself his marriage. And he's criticizing her for airing out family drama in public on her TV show...when he did the same on his prior Netflix special. I know we all have hypocritical moments but damn.

Jesus Christ. :snoop: Do y’all not get the jokes because of low IQs or because y’all are offended as Will fans? I really hope it’s the latter.

The joke is, you can’t go around slapping people because you are mad about something you made publicly known. This would be like Chris slapping someone because for making a joke about his infidelity after he talked about it publicly on tambourine.

I swear the world was not this dumb 10 years ago….or maybe it was, we just didn’t know what the stupid were thinking.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Breh low-key's been on a passive-agressive #MeToo campaign after getting hit with a mild slap by Will Smith of all people... oh well I honestly never thought it was anything worth talking about but he might as well capitalize off this like dude above said, I understand I guess.
a mild slap when it was live in front of 20 million ppl :dwillhuh: you niccas is weird, get your money Chris

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It wasn't overly hilarious, but it had its moments.

I notice a lot of people trying to spin things and suddenly make Chris Rock the villain in this now. And of course some of the "he's attacking black wimmin" crowd couldn't wait to flap their gums. It's like shut the fukk up. :comeon: He bigged up black women including his own daughters, but every section of society nowadays gotta find something to bytch and moan about.

I miss when comedy was no holds barred. Soon you'll only be able to tell "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes because you won't be able to say shyt otherwise.

I'm glad he got shyt off his chest, He could have said way worse. ANY comedian would have done it.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Everything else aside, I just didn't think this was very funny. He comes off like a lot of older (often white) comedians, out of touch, old, resentful, he's lost a lot of steps in the last 20 years or so.
I think I said it in the other thread but yeah his social commentary is very out of touch, which is to be expected of a 60 year who's been rich for 30 years of his life. So you know all he does is hang out with his out of touch comedian friends and has zero interaction with regular people.

What kills me is that these comedians think normal people are caught up in the 'cancel culture' hysteria just because they are. Listening to stand up specials you would think we go to our jobs every day like we're on Ukrainian frontlines, ducking cancel culture bullets :pachaha:

He didn't even try to make his 'buddy Fred' joke sound believable. And then the Kardashian bit, even though it seems like it got pretty big laughs in the room, Chris Rock doing 'Kardashians like black men' jokes in 2023 was tough to watch :francis:

Special picked up when he started getting more personal instead of trying to give social commentary.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This special was hard to watch. Chris Rock is out of touch with black people and obviously has white writers.

The Michael Jackson joke was horrible and false.

OJ and Kardashian jokes in 2023?

Using the term “woke” in a negative way?? CACs do that.

Being a white woman at thanksgiving is hard?

That’s just to name a few. This was obviously written for a white audience by white men.