This Kevin Feige quote is embarrassing

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's still over 6 months out from the release date. Not to mention that until a week ago they knew the average moviegoer had no clue who Zhao was. Marvel knew her latest flick was Oscar bait so they have probably been waiting for her name to build up its buzz before they hit the hype machine on the movie's direction.
From the original date it was in 2020. Black Widow was in May so I assume the trailer was originally with it.

I hadn’t heard about Shang Chi or Black Widow before the trailers but this is the second story I’ve heard about how “great” this movie is.

It’s odd.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's still over 6 months out from the release date. Not to mention that until a week ago they knew the average moviegoer had no clue who Zhao was. Marvel knew her latest flick was Oscar bait so they have probably been waiting for her name to build up its buzz before they hit the hype machine on the movie's direction.
Filming on The Eternals wrapped in February 2020 and re-shoots were completed last summer. The movie was originally set for a February 2021 release but got pushed to November because of COVID.

I'm sure some of the post-production stuff got pushed back because of COVID though so who knows how complete the movie is right now.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Shoot every movie on an Atlanta sound stage brehs.

The new Blade movie is filming this week at a bowling alley I go to in Decatur(Atlanta). They payed $100,000 to film for the week, and destroy the roof. My post doesn't have shyt to do with shyt. I'm just happy we're getting another Blade movie :blessed:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
lucas-780480.jpg

That's the way of the movie world now.:francis:
:mjcry:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I was watching clips of The Terminator (1984) on YouTube the other day and I marveled how they were able to make a dope movie for 6 million dollars, about 17 million in today's currency, with practical effects and puppets but nowadays they make crappy films with 200 million plus budgets with the CGI looking so bad.:francis:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You watch the OG Star Wars trilogy and it's only really certain cheap looking shyt and janky audio that really dates those movies

On the other hand, ten minutes into Phantom Menace and you're like ":picard:Yeah this was made in 1999" because of all the CGi that at the time was probably groundbreaking but now looks like a pre-rendered PS1 cutscene.

As much as I enjoy Marvel movies, them shyts be so fake looking compared to even the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Civil War is a hard movie to look at.
I was watching clips of Spider-Man (2002) a few weeks ago and that shyt aged bad when it comes to the CGI. :huhldup:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I was watching clips of Spider-Man (2002) a few weeks ago and that shyt aged bad when it comes to the CGI. :huhldup:

Meanwhile the SFX in Spider-man 2 have aged great. Probably because they used actual, real puppets for Dock Ock's mechanical arms for a lot of the movie. They also blended in the real arms and CGI arms into scenes so well that it's hard to tell which is which.

I used this video as an example in another thread a few weeks ago. I hope they'll actually bring the real arms back again, but....it's 2021 so we'll see.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was watching clips of The Terminator (1984) on YouTube the other day and I marveled how they were able to make a dope movie for 6 million dollars, about 17 million in today's currency, with practical effects and puppets but nowadays they make crappy films with 200 million plus budgets with the CGI looking so bad.:francis:
James Cameron is a magician. Not many directors are capable of doing what he did. T2 is 30 years old and I’m still awed by the CGI but at the same time, his use of practical effects was also what made the movie.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

watched T2 the other weekend and them effects still hold up...contrast with Dark Fate...Dark Fate looked so.....fake.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Another example is the @Ironman suit going from practical to full CGI as time went on.

Iron Man:

iron-man-2008-720x340.jpg

Avengers:

ihr9h7sk04o01.jpg

Civil War:

1031171-cwa0460mpsrc1006-1200.jpg

Endgame:

maxresdefault.jpg

Granted, RDJ was miserable in the practical suit. I think almost everyone agrees that it looks better when he's using a real suit. But...if RDJ ended up hating it so much that he decided to stop doing the films, I think almost everyone would agree that it wouldn't be worth losing RDJ over a better special effect.