This Kevin Feige quote is embarrassing

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
E0E4veeXMAE8x4m

The fact that a director had to "fight" to use practical locations.

Or that one of the most powerful people in film is blown away by a film that doesn't use VFX like he didn't even know it was possible.

But this is what cinema is now....Disney won i guess :francis:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I get a feeling this movie isn’t going to work.

I see a lot of talk about how good it looks/is but not showing it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
E0E4veeXMAE8x4m

The fact that a director had to "fight" to use practical locations.

Or that one of the most powerful people in film is blown away by a film that doesn't use VFX like he didn't even know it was possible.

But this is what cinema is now....Disney won i guess :francis:
Yeah, uh a producer's job is to control costs not just give into the will of the director.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s Hollywood right now, homie. Studios want to do things on the cheap so VFX is where it’s at rather than practical stuff. It sucks though because it ages things at a faster clip and isn’t great for the actors.

Ironically I was reading Ewan Mcgregor’s interview in THR this morning where he talks a lot about the problems he had on episodes 2 and 3 when Lucas switched to all vfx shots.

Most of these flicks just shoot on sound stages now. That’s why it’s not an easy world to navigate. It sucks Feige is blown away but trust me, he ain’t the only one.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im still mad the new spider man suit look straight CGI

OG Spider-Man movie suit > New CGI mixed Spider-Man movie suit
Yeah use CG to augment it which I know they do because he is in a physical suit. It’s just really obvious when he’s in the mo cap version

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The thing about that Fiege quote that most stands out to me is that it took him watching Nomadland to realize that Zhao has a style that involves using light and landscapes to create engaging visuals which means he hired her for The Eternals without ever watching Songs My Brothers Taught Me or The Rider.

Why would you hand a big budget sci-fi leaning comic book movie to a pretty new director known for art house movies if you had no real idea of just what kind of director she was?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The thing about that Fiege quote that most stands out to me is that it took him watching Nomadland to realize that Zhao has a style that involves using light and landscapes to create engaging visuals which means he hired her for The Eternals without ever watching Songs My Brothers Taught Me or The Rider.

Why would you hand a big budget sci-fi leaning comic book movie to a pretty new director known for art house movies if you had no real idea of just what kind of director she was?
She seeked Marvel/The Eternals out and pitched them her idea. I guess he liked the pitch that much he didn't need to see it.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
That’s Hollywood right now, homie. Studios want to do things on the cheap so VFX is where it’s at rather than practical stuff. It sucks though because it ages things at a faster clip and isn’t great for the actors.

Ironically I was reading Ewan Mcgregor’s interview in THR this morning where he talks a lot about the problems he had on episodes 2 and 3 when Lucas switched to all vfx shots.

Most of these flicks just shoot on sound stages now. That’s why it’s not an easy world to navigate. It sucks Feige is blown away but trust me, he ain’t the only one.

Oh I know. But every so often I'll read something that really hammers home how fukked this medium is.

Kevin Feige explaining to a bunch of corporate suits that you can film something with a camera without special effects like he's a caveman describing fire to another caveman.

It's just so depressing.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh I know. But every so often I'll read something that really hammers home how fukked this medium is.

Kevin Feige explaining to a bunch of corporate suits that you can film something with a camera without special effects like he's a caveman describing fire to another caveman.

It's just so depressing.
I think we would have to see the shot in question to judge. If it looks like something slwas added to it but wasn't it's not as bad as you ate making it sound.