WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The MTA Isn't Getting New Subway Trains Any Time Soon
Thursday, August 13, 2015, by Jeremiah Budin

[Photo via Allen G./Shutterstock.]

The MTA, which was hoping to replace its aging C and J/Z trains by 2018, has now announced that the new trains will not be ready until 2022, thanks to manufacturer Bombardier, which was picked because it was cheaper than the alternative bidder. So, that's not incredibly surprising. The old trains were introduced in 1964 and are costing the MTA millions annually in repairs. "Riders in 2020 will be taking the same cars that Don Draper would have been on in 1964," said the campaign manager of grassroots group the Riders Alliance, "and they don't look as good as he does." Wait, what? We're all upset about the old trains, but why did this lady just call us ugly? What does that have to do with anything? Is it easier to ride trains if you're handsome? Also, Don Draper is a fictional character and he took cabs.

An audit from the state comptroller's office, however, just revealed that in 2014, the old trains were the city's least delayed, except for the shuttles. The most delayed was the 4 train, followed closely by the 6. The L, like the C and J/Z was exceptionally punctual.
· Ancient subway trains on C and J/Z lines won't be replaced until 2022, documents say [NYDN]
· Subway Delays Are Up, Audit Finds [WSJ]
· More MTA coverage [Curbed]

lol
They don't need new trains, but new lines. I'm talking straight new subway tunnels and access

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They don't need new trains, but new lines. I'm talking straight new subway tunnels and access

They need new trains as well. There aren't enough trains to cover the increase in riders and the changing work schedule of today's New Yorker.

humble forever

All Star
Daps
wheres are the pics of the millions of homeless kids which inhabit these subways?
millions? idk about that but i did watch a documentary on those kids. basically an hour and a half of starving mini-cacs huffing glue.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
meanwhile in moscow

rjnFGJL.jpg

p9iv7Us.jpg

gahFbPE.jpg

v9a9Hyp.jpg
7GOsP8v.gif

Fart Knocker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly->NYC->Philly
Thursday, August 13, 2015, by Jeremiah Budin

[Photo via Allen G./Shutterstock.]

The MTA, which was hoping to replace its aging C and J/Z trains by 2018, has now announced that the new trains will not be ready until 2022, thanks to manufacturer Bombardier, which was picked because it was cheaper than the alternative bidder. So, that's not incredibly surprising. The old trains were introduced in 1964 and are costing the MTA millions annually in repairs. "Riders in 2020 will be taking the same cars that Don Draper would have been on in 1964," said the campaign manager of grassroots group the Riders Alliance, "and they don't look as good as he does." Wait, what? We're all upset about the old trains, but why did this lady just call us ugly? What does that have to do with anything? Is it easier to ride trains if you're handsome? Also, Don Draper is a fictional character and he took cabs.

An audit from the state comptroller's office, however, just revealed that in 2014, the old trains were the city's least delayed, except for the shuttles. The most delayed was the 4 train, followed closely by the 6. The L, like the C and J/Z was exceptionally punctual.
· Ancient subway trains on C and J/Z lines won't be replaced until 2022, documents say [NYDN]
· Subway Delays Are Up, Audit Finds [WSJ]
· More MTA coverage [Curbed]

lol

I always loved those old c trains because they are the only ones without the coating on the windows, so they can still be tagged with acid etch. The only remnants left of old New York

humble forever

All Star
Daps
:skip:

What was it vice or something?
nah, it looked pretty old tbh. '95 or before. was on youtube. occasionally im on there and will documentary hop just based on those recommended vids on the right. if i come across it again i'll link it. it kinda sucked tbh. gist-there are a shytload of poor ass homeless kids that kick it in the subways because it's cold as all hell in russia. really boring actually

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that shyt is interesting to me. NYC is probably one of the most unique cities I have ever seen. You can see the culture bleeds through the architecture of the city. Can't say the same in Toronto.