This is an example of why AJ Styles is the best wrestler living today

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:mjlol: you pick and choose stats like a motherfukker

Halloween Havoc 1997 did 405,000 buys, Eddie and Rey were third on a card that was headlined by Hogan/Piper and Savage/DDP and you're giving them sole credit for that number :dead:

But when HBK/Cena did 1.2 million buys at Mania 23 (the most in history) all of a sudden it's irrelevant :sas2:

The most in history was Rock vs Cena.

Shaq

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is...you have no worth on the all time scale if you couldn't get people to watch you when you were very good or stood out. It's simple as that. Nyggas here love that CM Punk shyt, right? Well when he got hot, fans tuned out. They were there ORIGINALLY for the aftermath of the promo and when he did the Rock program a year later but that was it. Bret Hart is a GREAT ALL TIME worker and could carry or work with anybody but did he make the difference to the business Austin did? No. And he was given a TON OF CHANCES to have the effect Austin made so there's no excuses .

Shawn Michaels? He could never be the greatest of all time because when he was on top and was doing HIAC matches with Undertaker...fans bought Eddie/Rey over it. So he's a guy you have to talk about in terms of performances instead of him actually making WM sell or count on the mainstream level. He's a product of WWE hype and that's why fans went against him so easily for Bryan and Punk the last few years. He's not seen on the level of the Undertaker or Bret.

That doesn't make sense to me.

I thought wrestling ratings have been lower in general since the attitude area? I really don't pay attention when people post any companies tv ratings so I could be wrong.

It's just my opinion but you could make any current wrestler from any fed the WWE champion and the ratings would still be low or dip. It has nothing to do with their in ring skill.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Of all people, I never thought @R=G would be so critical of another pro-wrestling darling.

:leon:

You missed my come up when the iwc was pro Cripple H in 2001 and actually thought he would be a difference maker during that NY 2002 return. Ever since..it's always been "I told you so" because I was right and everyone else was wrong. From Cripple H to Rocky to Hogan...Michaels...it all ended like I said it would.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That doesn't make sense to me.

I thought wrestling ratings have been lower in general since the attitude area? I really don't pay attention when people post any companies tv ratings so I could be wrong.

It's just my opinion but you could make any current wrestler from any fed the WWE champion and the ratings would still be low or dip. It has nothing to do with their in ring skill.

That's a cute excuse...the Edge title change got ratings up for 3 weeks...Bryan got consistent 3s as champion...Punk was champion? 2.5...Rock got the belt..next week? 3.7. So someone great enough...interesting enough definite can get ratings up. Blaming the writing and all of that to excuse certain overly praised Internet loved stars don't work. Austin and Rock went against the nwo and Sting...they won. And there was NOTHING HOTTER IN THE HISTORY of the industry than the nwo/Sting at the time but they won. True greatness can never be denied.

That's why the excuses generation...which is what this place has devolved into needs to get real and make sense. CM Punk called himself a failure because he didn't headline WM. He's right. That whole 2 year run was for nothing and he knew it.

Bob-omb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento, CA
The one that still makes me go :wow: was the one at No Mercy

tumblr_oet2gmP9y61u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Absolutely flawless :whew:
Being there and watching that masterful artist go to work was something else.

It should be on everyone's bucket list to at least once see him perform live

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:dahell: Slap yourself nikka. Most everyone who watched him in NJPW considered him one of, if not the best in the world. He's just doing it on a bigger stage now
As someone who used to watch TNA, Styles was always known as the best wrestler even with guys like Angle wrestling there.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Well AJ us getting all of this to set up the Cena title win next year..anyone with sense can see that.

Cesaro is easily on AJ's level..he just don't have the political machine backing him. Cesaro carried Reigns better and had better matches with Cena than AJ. Why front like he's not damn near the best in the world give or take Nakamura.
Benjamin was as good as any power skilled wrestler but when you are boring, you are boring. Maybe Cesaro just ain't that dude. Styles can do the Reynolds Mysterio shyt while doing shyt strong men can do. Elite supreme talent and it's been that way for awhile. He been my favorite since 2008

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
AJ is in his fukking prime at 40. They need to let a tweener Cena and heel Styles go at it for a few months before forming the Two Man Power trip we all deserve. Terrorize both rosters.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Benjamin was as good as any power skilled wrestler but when you are boring, you are boring. Maybe Cesaro just ain't that dude. Styles can do the Reynolds Mysterio shyt while doing shyt strong men can do. Elite supreme talent and it's been that way for awhile. He been my favorite since 2008

I was worried about his promo and character work, but he's killing that as well. He proved a lot of people wrong.:obama:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The thing is...you have no worth on the all time scale if you couldn't get people to watch you when you were very good or stood out. It's simple as that. Nyggas here love that CM Punk shyt, right? Well when he got hot, fans tuned out. They were there ORIGINALLY for the aftermath of the promo and when he did the Rock program a year later but that was it. Bret Hart is a GREAT ALL TIME worker and could carry or work with anybody but did he make the difference to the business Austin did? No. And he was given a TON OF CHANCES to have the effect Austin made so there's no excuses .

Shawn Michaels? He could never be the greatest of all time because when he was on top and was doing HIAC matches with Undertaker...fans bought Eddie/Rey over it. So he's a guy you have to talk about in terms of performances instead of him actually making WM sell or count on the mainstream level. He's a product of WWE hype and that's why fans went against him so easily for Bryan and Punk the last few years. He's not seen on the level of the Undertaker or Bret.

you were on a roll until this... my man do you seriously think the vast majority of people who paid 30 dollars to watch that show tuned in for this match?

this assumption almost undermines whatever valid points you were trying to make.