This Gen will be defined by RPG's

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
And if you have been paying attention...She is the only Stark left..because she knew to run...ANY one of them Starks who fukked with the Lannisters has been dealt with..

1. Cripple pushed outta a window.
2. Ned- Head gone
3. Robb- Killed
4. Cat- Killed watching Robb get killed.
5. There was another son but he is wondering a tomb or something.
6. The b*stard is took the Black..
7. Sansa is going to be sucking LittleFinger's dikk until the end of time.

Seriously, the Lannisters may have took a loss or two but we are not near EXTINCTION. Like the Starks...lol

we got:
-a warg
-a ruthless killer
-a warrior who scoffs at authority and don't give a fukk about an oath to the black
-a future queen coming into her own in this game of deceit and the finest piece of ass in all the lands

you got:
-debts that can no longer be paid bc you broke. iron bank still got ya back??
:mjlol:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we got:
-a warg
-a ruthless killer
-a warrior who scoffs at authority and don't give a fukk about an oath to the black
-a future queen coming into her own in this game of deceit and the finest piece of ass in all the lands

you got:
-debts that can no longer be paid bc you broke. iron bank still got ya back??
:mjlol:
Wrong forum fakkit

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Its crazy how a game like Final Fantasy Verses XIII (XV) can take damn near 10 years to come out and in less than that span we can get three Dragon Age games and three Mass Effect games. Western RPGs have shown how incompetent these Japanese developers are. These fools should quit building their own engines from scratch and just license Unreal like everybody else.

And Final Fantasy XIII was weak as hell too, basically just had to follow one path through the whole game.

Bioware and Bethesda >>>>>> Square

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
As stated before, I dunno about sales wise, but everything is going to have more and more RPG elements. More games leaning towards open world overworld and less linear stories. The increase of memory available is already showing us how devs plan to use it with more open world games.

AND... the actual RPGs are gonna be nuts. TW3 is cool and all, but I'm not a fan of the series or its combat. I'm waiting for CD Projekt to be done with that series for a fukking moment and debut game footage of Cyberpunk 2077. That shyts gonna be a game changer. A GAME CHANGER. I'm hoping for a new Deus Ex within the next 3-4 yrs too. Think it'll definitely happen because Human Revolution was pretty damn well received, I believe.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i must be one of the only nikkas who got tired of open world/choice games :smhcraig: im more into dope stories, i'd rather have a game with a good, long, linear story, than an open world game with a short-medium length main story(usually with a wack ending) but a shyt load of sidequests :yeshrug:

like i played skyrim and gta 5, the stories were aigh but i really aint give a shyt about the characters at all, second i beat it i stopped playin it cuz the sidequest are boring as hell, do some hot shyt, escape the cops, rinse wash repeat :yawn: travel through and loot a dungeon, find some legendary weapons or spells, murk some dragons, rinse wash repeat, i gotta feel like im doing something for a real story-purpose in order to be into it :ld:

even with some shyt like sunset overdrive, while it looks dope im only concerned about the story, hopefully they have dope side content but that's not gonna make or break the game for me

seeing how much time square is spending on FF15 and KH3 got me anticipating some fukkin PIFF
0y3jInq.png
Nomura knows he gotta show his ass or square-enix is gonna be over

Last edited:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
As stated before, I dunno about sales wise, but everything is going to have more and more RPG elements. More games leaning towards open world overworld and less linear stories. The increase of memory available is already showing us how devs plan to use it with more open world games.

AND... the actual RPGs are gonna be nuts. TW3 is cool and all, but I'm not a fan of the series or its combat. I'm waiting for CD Projekt to be done with that series for a fukking moment and debut game footage of Cyberpunk 2077. That shyts gonna be a game changer. A GAME CHANGER. I'm hoping for a new Deus Ex within the next 3-4 yrs too. Think it'll definitely happen because Human Revolution was pretty damn well received, I believe.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in that Cyberpunk game, should be amazing.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And Final Fantasy XIII was weak as hell too, basically just had to follow one path through the whole game.

Bioware and Bethesda >>>>>> Square
It highlighted a problem with a lot of JRPGs. FFXIII was linear as fukk. Didn't open up at all for a long ass time. Casual gamers or younger RPG fans new to the series were probably put off from visiting some classic games if that was their first FF game. Damn shame.

Bioware is still good now, tho they dipped in quality with DA2, TOR, and the ending of ME3. I've been gradually replaying ME3. The journey is fukking incredible. The game is fantastic. But as a fan of the series since it was a Xbox exclusive, that ending fukked me. Bent a nikka over wit no vaseline.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i must be one of the only nikkas who got tired of open world games :smhcraig: im more into dope stories, i'd rather have a game with a good, long, linear story, than an open world game with a short-medium length main story(usually with a wack ending) but a shyt load of sidequests :yeshrug:

like i played skyrim and gta 5, the stories were aigh but i really aint give a shyt about the characters at all, second i beat it i stopped playin it cuz the sidequest are boring as hell, do some hot shyt, escape the cops, rinse wash repeat :yawn:

even with some shyt like sunset overdrive, while it looks dope im only concerned about the story, hopefully they have dope side content but that's not gonna make or break the game for me

seeing how much time square is spending on FF15 and KH3 got me anticipating some fukkin PIFF
0y3jInq.png
Nomura knows he gotta show his ass or square-enix is gonna be over
I feel as though I can go into a game expecting or anticipating something. If I play Skyrim, I know story is irrelevant, because I'm probably not gonna be halfway through the story by the time I hit 50 hours. The story for me there is the character I"m creating in my imagination. I make my decisions and responses based off of what I think my character would be like. Like....in my current DA:O game, I'm playing a human nord named Arya :troll:

I answer the questions how I think he would. I killed that gay rogue that tried to assassinate you and tehn join up because no way would Arya Stark let that nikka live after trying to assassinate her. Nerd shyt like that. My last game of Skyrim, I created a character named Dunk based off Ser Duncan the Tall from the ASOIAF prequels. And I acted as he would. A godddamn TRUE KNIGHT. Its hard as fukk making those decisions in game when theres easier, more delicious feeling options right there. I dunno, dude. With those sandbox games where they just let you GO, I do exactly that and with my imagination, I stay so fukking occupied.

If a game is trying to force all this story on you tho, especially if you can't customize your main character, Im not feeling it. So like Watch Dogs. Aiden whatever is bout the lamest main character to come out in a while. I can't fukk with the game mostly because of that. Honestly, TW2 has some of that too. I don't fukk with Geralt heavy, not only that, but the story doesn't grip me. So I can't get engrossed in the story. I can't get engrossed in "being" the character. Nothing left for me, mane.

I am drunk and rammmbbbbbling

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I feel as though I can go into a game expecting or anticipating something. If I play Skyrim, I know story is irrelevant, because I'm probably not gonna be halfway through the story by the time I hit 50 hours. The story for me there is the character I"m creating in my imagination. I make my decisions and responses based off of what I think my character would be like. Like....in my current DA:O game, I'm playing a human nord named Arya :troll:

I answer the questions how I think he would. I killed that gay rogue that tried to assassinate you and tehn join up because no way would Arya Stark let that nikka live after trying to assassinate her. Nerd shyt like that. My last game of Skyrim, I created a character named Dunk based off Ser Duncan the Tall from the ASOIAF prequels. And I acted as he would. A godddamn TRUE KNIGHT. Its hard as fukk making those decisions in game when theres easier, more delicious feeling options right there. I dunno, dude. With those sandbox games where they just let you GO, I do exactly that and with my imagination, I stay so fukking occupied.

If a game is trying to force all this story on you tho, especially if you can't customize your main character, Im not feeling it. So like Watch Dogs. Aiden whatever is bout the lamest main character to come out in a while. I can't fukk with the game mostly because of that. Honestly, TW2 has some of that too. I don't fukk with Geralt heavy, not only that, but the story doesn't grip me. So I can't get engrossed in the story. I can't get engrossed in "being" the character. Nothing left for me, mane.

I am drunk and rammmbbbbbling
i know, but those games gave you SO many options that i think you can't really do much more imo :yeshrug: so these other games need to just leave that open world concept alone

as far as watch dogs and whatnot, you can just chalk it up to it being a shytty game with a shytty story, but that's my point, I realized that alot of companies are doing that now BECAUSE THEY KNOW they can just sell most people with the open game concept....Uncharted and Last of Us are damn near the DOPEST games of the past generation because they focused on making a PIFF story instead of open world side content bullshyt to distract you. nobody would've remembered Joel, Ellie, or Nathan Drake if you were able to completely customize those characters, you woulda felt no real connection to the story cuz you'd know it was just a character you made up, no past, no motives, nothin

yes you are drunk and going ham right now :mjlol:

and if your nord isn't a midget female character in the Dark Brotherhood then you fukked up :ufdup: and i demand you delete and start over the right way, back stabs on deck the entire game, yes im talkin about dragons and dragon priest too :ufdup:

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i know, but those games gave you SO many options that i think you can't really do much more imo :yeshrug: so these other games need to just leave that open world concept alone

as far as watch dogs and whatnot, you can just chalk it up to it being a shytty game with a shytty story, but that's my point, I realized that alot of companies are doing that now BECAUSE THEY KNOW they can just sell most people with the open game concept....Uncharted and Last of Us are damn near the DOPEST games of the past generation because they focused on making a PIFF story instead of open world side content bullshyt to distract you. nobody would've remembered Joel, Ellie, or Nathan Drake if you were able to completely customize those characters, you woulda felt no real connection to the story cuz you'd know it was just a character you made up, no past, no motives, nothin

yes you are drunk and going ham right now :mjlol:

and if your nord isn't a midget female character in the Dark Brotherhood then you fukked up :ufdup: and i demand you delete and start over the right way, back stabs on deck the entire game, yes im talkin about dragons and dragon priest too :ufdup:
lmao my dude :dead:

And I meant a female noble in Dragon Age Origins, not Nord in Skyrim my bad homie. And I feel you on ya idea of them just selling "OMG THIS GAME IS OPEN WORLD", because nikkas see that and jump on it thinking they're automatically getting that most bang for their buck, regardless of da quality.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
It highlighted a problem with a lot of JRPGs. FFXIII was linear as fukk. Didn't open up at all for a long ass time. Casual gamers or younger RPG fans new to the series were probably put off from visiting some classic games if that was their first FF game. Damn shame.

Bioware is still good now, tho they dipped in quality with DA2, TOR, and the ending of ME3. I've been gradually replaying ME3. The journey is fukking incredible. The game is fantastic. But as a fan of the series since it was a Xbox exclusive, that ending fukked me. Bent a nikka over wit no vaseline.

Yeah I avoided ME3 for a long time after that fallout over the ending and because I didn't have the time to really focus on a game at the time. I enjoyed it though, thought the journey was dope as you said, some sweet missions and story, just that the payoff at the end was kind of weak. I can't even remember a tough boss fight or anything like in the first 2, just some bullshyt spacestation where I got to pick my favourite colour :mjlol:

I never played The Old Repbulic so can't comment, agree on DA2 though. Was way more linear than the first one, constantly revisiting the same areas and couldn't even customise other characters armor :what:. I still enjoyed it though and visually it was pretty amazing.

I've been a massive Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, they're the goats to me.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. Some people need to stop associating RPGs with turn based combat and anime storylines. Its bigger than that

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This. Some people need to stop associating RPGs with turn based combat and anime storylines. Its bigger than that
THIS.

turn-based is just a style of combat, i prefer real-time combat systems like in KH, although i thought the systems in Crisis Core/FF13/Ni No Kuni were decent :ehh:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THIS.

turn-based is just a style of combat, i prefer real-time combat systems like in KH, although i thought the systems in Crisis Core/FF13/Ni No Kuni were decent :ehh:
I prefer turn based in my JRPGs honestly. FFX and Persona 4 are perfection if you ask me. NI No Kuni's combat was dope tho and I hope to get a chance to finish or replay that game someday.

I do prefer turn based nowadays. But I love D&D style shyt, which is in pretty much every WRPG now but i love the tactical view in DAO. All zee options with 4 peeps. LAWD. I wanna plan shyt out more in upcoming RPGS. Not really taking turns but being able to see what's going on for a second and build a plan to react with all my people.

Like...think of a co op turn based ish RPG. That would be so dope. you can set the time like 10 seconds or less for each person to pick their move. Clearing dungeons together. Persona 7 PLEASE