This Gen will be defined by RPG's

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's a shame that the console JRPG's are nearly extinct with only a few exceptions.

Square fell off, Capcom said "fukk fans, let's make Breath of Fire a f2p iOS game.", Konami wants everyone to forget that Suikoden ever happened. Only ones holding it down are Atlus, the Tales of team and Monolith Soft.

Why aren't there any new indie Japanese dev's rising up to become the next pre merger Squaresoft or something?:why:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Dragon Age looks good, I just hate the fact it's one of those "fake" open world games, where they have artifical barriers all around you so that you really can't get too far off the road, sort of like Fable.

The Witcher is just straight up open world :blessed:
The new da isn't open world?

shyt is annoying

:wtf:

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
I don't do those JRPGs anymore, no freedom. I don't want to save the world, sometimes I want to be an evil b*stard.

Youre name is Clark Kent and you dont want to save the world
SnMufAl.png

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nah, I think it will be free-to-play games...there will be a massive game that gains WoW type of appeal. League of Legends is up there, but I just feel like there will be something even bigger than trumps Minecraft, WoW, LoL, and Cod all together.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Nah, I think it will be free-to-play games...there will be a massive game that gains WoW type of appeal. League of Legends is up there, but I just feel like there will be something even bigger than trumps Minecraft, WoW, LoL, and Cod all together.

Youre talkin bout.....

:sas2:

Destiny? :sas1:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It would be dope if they can develop some global racing game in which you can travel across the map with credits and then compete for some more competitions. It's something that I have had in mind for a long time.

So for example the system automatically assigns a couple races per month per country. We have qualifying races to compete for a spot to get in...the top 10 get to compete...then they all receive credits based on their place. Let's say that race was held in the United States...the winner can pick whatever country they want to go in and then compete against the best in that country. He will still have to qualify in that specific region by competing with ghosts and the top 10 qualifying times again earn a spot in the race.

Rinse and repeat...the game will NEVER get old. Basically make that shyt a hybrid Nascar type of deal in where mods can only be used from the game.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
last gen as we all know was the gen that really brought rise to FPS with games like call of duty and battlefield dominating gaming sales.....this gen we gonna witness a shift and RPG games are gonna takeover the market brehs :blessed:

just watching footage of witcher 3 and dragon age inquisition got me like :ohhh: :lawd:
When your view of the world is limited, then you can say the shyt you yappin about.
But kind sir, FPS games been dominating since PS2/Xbox. All the games you guys ride for now on sony, came out on PS2 outside of a handful of games.

Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, BF4, BF:Hardline, COD Ghost, COD: Advanced Warfighter, Uncharted, TLOU, The Order, Rainbow 6: Siege, the failed games on PS3 like Socom, Mag, Resistance, I can keep going but I'm sure you get the picture

Yes, RPG's are a nice genre. But I don't see it being how you envision. And The Witcher is not an RPG bruh :rudy:
Yeah, it has elements and people are too quick to call anything with "elements" as RPG

I grew up on RPG's, you don't hack n slash those monsters with full control. Thats not role playing
You not even playing, you fighting. Its not a game :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's a shame that the console JRPG's are nearly extinct with only a few exceptions.

Square fell off, Capcom said "fukk fans, let's make Breath of Fire a f2p iOS game.", Konami wants everyone to forget that Suikoden ever happened. Only ones holding it down are Atlus, the Tales of team and Monolith Soft.

Why aren't there any new indie Japanese dev's rising up to become the next pre merger Squaresoft or something?:why:
One of the better series going The Legend of Heroes we can't even really get in the west. I mean its been a struggle to get the second Trails in the Sky game here and there's 1 more in that series then 2-3 more beyond that of which we'll likely never see. Honestly Falcom should handle their own business and localize the games themselves instead of selling the rights to companies like Xseed who do nothing with them.